• May 05, 2024, 05:04:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Popular Science article on Zero SR  (Read 508 times)

domingo3

• View Profile
Popular Science article on Zero SR
« on: March 21, 2019, 04:51:17 PM »

https://www.popsci.com/riding-zero-sr-electric-motorcycle#page-3

The article is mostly positive, but a few things struck me as odd.  The content is pretty general and everything about the SR could have been written anytime in the last couple of years. It incorrectly states that the rider can't adjust regen. It mentions the LiveWire, but not the SRF. It incorrectly lists the LiveWire price as $25k.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 05:10:46 PM by domingo3 »
2016 Zero FXS 2018 Zero FXS 2016 SR

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Popular Science article on Zero SR
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 07:30:35 PM »

Other than the comments mentioned by domingo3, I thought the article did a good job of explaining riding an electric motorcycle to the general uninformed public, such as might read PS.  I have been subscribing to PS, Cycle World and Motorcyclist for over 50 years, but have dropped all three of those magazines when they went to a quarterly, coffee-table style, large format magazine and raised their subscription prices to boot.  I keep wondering how long they will continue to be published.   ???

I switched to Popular Mechanics to get my monthly general science/handyman information.  Not all that informative, but kind of entertaining (and sometimes useful) once a month.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

MrBlc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 08:48:08 PM »

no GDPR opt-out option? no thanks... :/

flattetyre

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 01:10:19 AM »

Popular science hasn't been worth paying attention to for a really long time. The article probably was written a while ago.

Curt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 02:13:53 AM »

What, are they requesting personal info? Or did they fail to give you your cookie popup? The Pop Sci site rejects me due to ad blockers. Can't blame them I guess.

MrBlc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 12:13:00 PM »

They gave me the cookie information, but i could only choose to accept their traces downloaded..
More and more sites give the option to opt out of that..

I mark my vote by simply refusing to use sites that force me..

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2019, 05:19:38 PM »

What, are they requesting personal info? Or did they fail to give you your cookie popup? The Pop Sci site rejects me due to ad blockers. Can't blame them I guess.

Interesting.  I'm using uBlock Origin, and had no problem getting into the site...
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

Curt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2019, 02:00:28 AM »

Interesting.  I'm using uBlock Origin, and had no problem getting into the site...

uBlock Origin apparently has ad-blocker-detection-blocker functionality, unlike AdBlock Plus. Cool!

Other inaccuracies... the author thinks Zero is based in SF, and that access to 240V will allow an SR to recharge in 1 hour. But it's a very positive article overall.
Pages: [1]