Tech > Tech Help

Can you get a constant 12v source on a Zero?

(1/3) > >>

SwampNut:
Zero says you cannot connect anything to the 12v battery, but it's unclear why, or whether something with a very tiny draw would affect it.  I want to power a dashcam that wants 12v constant plus 12v switched.  Any ideas?

Specter:
Here's another thread that is going on now in the forum, that may or may not be of help to you.

https://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=12792.0;topicseen

Aaron

SwampNut:
Thanks, adding a small battery pack is my last-ditch option.  The SR/S already has connections for heated gear and ignition-switched accessories, that part is fine.  But I can't find any constant 12v power.

TheRan:
The gen 3 bikes have a separate 12v battery, apparently located under the seat, so you can just wire to that. From the images I could find it has threaded terminals so just crimp some ring terminals onto the dashcam wires.

SwampNut:

--- Quote from: TheRan on September 06, 2023, 04:47:05 AM ---The gen 3 bikes have a separate 12v battery, apparently located under the seat, so you can just wire to that. From the images I could find it has threaded terminals so just crimp some ring terminals onto the dashcam wires.

--- End quote ---

Zero says you cannot connect anything to the 12v battery, but it's unclear why, or whether something with a very tiny draw would affect it. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version