Tech > Tech Help

Elcon 3.3kw 4th gen charger for FXE not starting

(1/1)

Richp3n:
Hi all, new to the forum so hoping I’ve come to the right place and sorry if this has been asked before. I’ve recently bought the following charger:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0246/7145/3236/files/3.3kw_High_Votage_OBC_HK-MF_Spec_Manual-Standard_version.pdf?v=1688753050

Im currently installing it in a zero fxe and was planning on using it as a plug and play option inline with the onboard 650w charger to give me ~4kw charging. However I have a suspicion It’s arrived needing can communication. I’ve wired it to the bike and tested that it’s receiving 240v a/c as well as d/c in the correct polarity (104v at 20%soc). I’ve also tested to see if there’s ~12v on (I believe) the low voltage obc pin - so I think the charger is okay.

Question is, is it possible to short out a couple pins on the can thing to get the charger to just turn on and let its charging curve do its thing? Or am I going to have to get a controller?

thanks for any advice in advance

Edit : IF ANYONE GETS ONE OF THESE CHARGERS YOU NEED TO SHORT PINS 2A and 2B FOR ENABLE

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version