• May 06, 2024, 08:06:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Some math since I was bored this morning.  (Read 1282 times)

Curt

• View Profile
Re: Some math since I was bored this morning.
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2017, 08:36:26 AM »

For me, fuel economy is the last reason to own a Zero.

The real reasons are the stealth silence (hearing everything and not bothering anyone), negligible maintenance, no foul odor or hot exhaust, and general wow factor.

I'm on it every day without fail, but still it's been only 2000 miles in 6 months. I've saved about $120 in gas over my 50MPG ICE bike. To pay for the Zero would take over 40 years at this rate. Yawn.

P.S. I fill up ICE without dismounting in 2-3 minutes. I have pulled off from a group ride at a stop light and finished by the time the light turned green.  ;)

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2017, 06:34:00 PM »

Hey, $500 a year is still $500 more in my pocket than not.  It's also nice to know I'm not contributing to climate change.  Plus, it always seems to inspire smiles when people notice it.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2017, 10:07:44 PM »

P.S. I fill up ICE without dismounting in 2-3 minutes. I have pulled off from a group ride at a stop light and finished by the time the light turned green.  ;)

same here.
you roll up to the pump, and pull off right glove, grab wallet from pocket, and pull out card. swipe, replace (enter zip if needed) and pump gas. Never have to get off the bike, and since most bike fill-ups are under 3gallons, its not a long time to pump.

Pages: 1 [2]