• May 05, 2024, 06:14:02 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Error 56 "Monolith Disconnected"  (Read 671 times)

xsi3rr4x

• View Profile
Error 56 "Monolith Disconnected"
« on: July 21, 2016, 05:28:25 PM »

Hey guys, I already posted in the facebook group, but i thought I would try posting here as well. Iv got a 2016 DSR with a power tank that was installed about a month ago and the bike has 2600 miles on it and yesterday on my way home I noticed I was getting an error code 56. I didnt know what the error code meant at the time so I just kept driving (the bike was performing normal) after a few miles I decided to stop and restart the bike to maybe clear the code, but this ended up leaving me stranded everything cuts on, but I turn the throttle and nothing happens. I am still showing Error 56.
The battery still charges once connected to the charger as normal, but still doesnt run.
Someone on facebook suggested that I check the connection on the back of the monolith, Which is covered in a bunch of rubber covers that I dont think I want to tear trying to make sure that its plugged in, is there a safe way of doing this?
I'll be emailing my logs and contacting Zero support once I get home from work today, but I just wanted to post here and see if anyone knows of anything I can try. I am pretty mechanically inclined and am trying to avoid taking back to the dealer if its just a matter of checking a couple of connections

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile
Re: Error 56 "Monolith Disconnected"
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 05:32:43 PM »

I would try to reset the BMS using the little button behind the rubber cover on the front of the monolith before taking anything apart.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Zero S
Pages: [1]