• May 07, 2024, 06:57:10 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: FX Rear brakes make squeak noise like a ten speed bicycle  (Read 1381 times)

mr1396

• View Profile

Just got a fx bike cool bike but the rear brakes squeak or make noise similar to a ten speed bike brakes make when you stop. These just make noise as I come to a complete stop. Is because there new or something else. The rear brakes do feel a little tight I barely have to press on them.

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: FX Rear brakes make squeak noise like a ten speed bicycle
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 09:04:09 PM »

This issue has been mentioned before, with no real solution found.  What I would try first is to wash your caliper and disc with soapy water and flush with clean low-pressure water, then dry with a clean cloth.  If that doesn't work, removing the brake pads and roughing up any glazed areas with fine sandpaper might help.  Clean the pads and disc with rubbing alcohol before reinstalling.  If that doesn't work, new pads from an aftermarket supplier might be the solution, but that will require some research to source for the FX. Or, you could complain to your dealer and see if they can resolve the problem.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

trikester

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 10:39:30 PM »

My 2013 FX brakes (stock factory) don't squeak, so there must be something that could be corrected on yours, as has been suggested.

Trikester

TargeT

• $.58 a kWh... and I ride electric?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 07:15:34 PM »

Mine did this untill I put about 500 miles on the bike, now they only do it ocationally...

The Zero tech said to use some break grease on the back side of the pads; but I never did.
I wonder where I can charge my batteries from at work...

WindRider

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 09:49:44 AM »

Ride fast, brake hard repeat until noise is gone.   Scrub the noisy part off.....
2008 Yamaha WR250R 
Past E Bikes:  2010 Zero XU, 2012 Zero DS9, 2013 FX5.7
Pages: [1]