General Category > Electric Motorcycle News

Some info on Kawasaki's Ninja 7 HEV

(1/8) > >>

TheRan:
This could perhaps be less of a disappointment than their recent fully electric bikes. The concern with hybrid bikes has always been where do you put the battery and motor on an already cramped gas bike, it looks like Kawasaki's solution is to just stretch the thing out. Looks much longer than most other A2 class bikes and more on par with something like a H2, and notice it also has twin brake discs up front so maybe it's up there when it comes to weight too. Not much extra power from that electric motor though at 12hp (the same as their fully electric bikes) and a 48v battery which I can't imagine is any bigger than one of the singles in their fully electric bikes.

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/kawasaki-ninja-7-hev/

princec:
Hybrid powertrains combine the literal worst aspects of both drivetrains in a combination guaranteed to disappoint on every level.

Cas :)

Fran K:

--- Quote from: princec on October 06, 2023, 06:32:09 PM ---Hybrid powertrains combine the literal worst aspects of both drivetrains in a combination guaranteed to disappoint on every level.

Cas :)

--- End quote ---

It has reverse and takes off like a liter bike but has an 451cc engine.

Wonder if Kawasaki and the swappable battery consortium will use nominal voltage or peak voltage for their "badge" number?
I get 166 amps to make 12hp at 48 volts.

It is puzzling to me as the motor makes torque and for my Ktm using their torque value the motor has to be spinning over half max to get the rated hp.  How much can the electric motor really add at say 3 mph in this take off scenario,

Is this going to be a five or six speed transmission in EV mode?

Richard230:
Here is motorcycle.com's take on the new Kawasaki "strong hybrid":  https://www.motorcycle.com/bikes/new-model-preview/2024-kawasaki-ninja-7-hybrid-first-look-44595262

Fran K:
It sure is intresting,  I would want a seat equally comfortable for both the rider and passenger.  It has a pocket of sorts to help hold the rider in place.

It is backwards from electric propulsion and range extender.  Range extender meaning small ice generator that likely will have emissions requirements that can be met.  Sort of like sub 20 hp requirement for off road diesel machinery that dont generally use that fluid VW past ceo tried to avoid.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version