• May 09, 2024, 12:21:22 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Tacita T-Cruise with Adler APTC clutch  (Read 237 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Tacita T-Cruise with Adler APTC clutch
« on: November 13, 2018, 08:50:25 PM »

Apparently Tacita believes that having a clutch on an electric motorcycle is a good thing.  Maybe someone can explain this to me.  When I read this article I remain confused.  ::)  https://electricmotorcycles.news/tacita-presented-the-new-adler-aptc-clutch-at-eicma-2018/
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Fran K

• View Profile
Re: Tacita T-Cruise with Adler APTC clutch
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 10:55:14 PM »

I have a feeling something is drifting away in the translation.

The clutch is needed to change gears when moving.
Using different gears at different times makes the torque different I suppose they do state it is not going to be necessary to shift often.  I spent a while here http://www.tacita.it/  can not figure out what the various ratios might be. (ice is generally 2.0 real close ratio 3.6 real wide ratio first vs top) Can not figure out what sort of clutch probably not wet multi plate is my guess.  I need someone to explain the right gear for deceleration stuff to me. They like to put this text in places.

"Why the speed gears? In order to have the best gear ratio for every situation, reducing the overheating of the engine and the consumption of electricity. In fact, the lower ratios allow the torque increase, so that the inrush currents decrease, while thanks to the longer gears you will be able to make the most of the engine maximum peak, removing every compromise and keeping the maximum efficiency.

A main point is that the speed gear with an electric engine does not need to shift gear frequently, because when the proper speed for the road is engaged, you can keep it.

Furthermore you are not forced to start with the first gear engaged, as it can be useful for reducing uphill skidding, instead. Speed gears are very useful downhill, because when you engage lower gears, the bike slows down and this allows lesser use of brakes, preventing overheating, enhancing full control of the bike."

I like looking at the angles of the spokes.   The t-race ones sure look like they are giving away ground clearance that is not necessary to do.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 11:08:22 PM by Fran K »
Pages: [1]