• May 05, 2024, 01:39:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mirror Placement SR/S. What do you think?  (Read 785 times)

flar

• View Profile
Re: Mirror Placement SR/S. What do you think?
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2020, 09:41:56 AM »

I'm an average height fat guy.

When the mirrors are on the handlebars I need to move them around to see behind me. So I appreciate the fact that I can move them around when they are mounted to the handlebars. But, when I'm riding I can't just move the handlebars around willy nilly like that so I'm basically blind behind myself unless I do yoga instead.

When the mirrors are mounted on the frame in front of and beneath the handlebars, I don't need to move them to see behind me. So, I don't miss the fact that I can move them around while backing up at low speed. And when I'm riding I can also see behind me, so I don't miss having to do yoga to glance behind me. Basically, I can just see behind myself properly so all of the workarounds from standard bar-mounts don't apply.

In other words, this reasoning is circular. The mode that makes it easy to move them also requires you to move them. The other doesn't and doesn't.

[Important qualifier - I am basing this on experience with the BMW R1200RT implementation of this mirror placement. I have no idea if it applies to Zero's very similar placement, but I'm hopeful...]
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 09:43:59 AM by flar »
Currently riding: 2013 Brammo Empulse R, 2005 BMW R1200RT
Used to ride: '88 Hawk GT, '97 BMW F650 Funduro
Other electric motorcycles test ridden: 2012 Zero S/DS, Brammo Empulse R, 2013 Zero S, Energica Ego/Eva
Other EV own: Tesla Model X
Other EV test drives: Tesla Roadster/S/3
Pages: 1 [2]