• May 07, 2024, 01:13:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Main battery fuse question  (Read 304 times)

rgutt

• View Profile
Main battery fuse question
« on: March 05, 2022, 09:42:24 PM »

Has anyone pulled the cover off the "doghouse" on the SDS battery monolith to find out what size fuse Zero actually uses up there? Is it the 500-amp recommended by the motor controller documentation, or do they put something bigger? It seems to be fairly well weather protected, so I don't want to break that seal to find out. Unfortunately, this particular fuse doesn't show up in the manual, but it looks pretty evident in a 3D rendering from an article back when the monolith was first released. I guess it could be current monitoring device and not a fuse, but I can't tell specifically from the rendering.

I'll also add that I am reasonably certain that the online exploded view parts catalogs are wrong with respect to this fuse. They show a single 300-amp fuse. I've read somewhere that the original bricks each had a single 300-amp fuse, but the monolith applies a single fuse to all the bricks put together. A single 300-amp fast blow fuse couldn't possibly supply the motor controller with the current it pulls.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 12:42:16 AM by rgutt »
Pages: [1]