• May 07, 2024, 04:54:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2015 DS Mirror specs  (Read 851 times)

M@2015DS

• View Profile
2015 DS Mirror specs
« on: January 28, 2017, 12:09:59 PM »

Looking to replace mirrors. What are the thread specs that I need to match. 10mm? Any suggestions on what would be good mirrors to get? I do a lot of lane splitting.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 12:12:54 PM by M@2015DS »

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: 2015 DS Mirror specs
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 01:09:41 PM »

They're Yahama style, M10x1.25 with counter threading on the left (I think).

http://zeromanual.com/index.php/Common_Modifications#Third-Party_Mirrors
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

AsherEscher

• 2016 Zero FXS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 08:04:13 AM »

They're Yahama style, M10x1.25 with counter threading on the left (I think).
http://zeromanual.com/index.php/Common_Modifications#Third-Party_Mirrors

Brian, thanks for the link.

The internet is beginning to convince me that Yamaha and Ducati usually have left-threaded right-hand-side mirrors, opposite of our left-threaded left side. Yamaha-style extenders are working for people here, but maybe not Yamaha-style replacement mirrors.

My FXS definitely has a left-threaded left-hand-side mirror - with a year-old, very-clean, centered, vertical crack that's only mildly distorting. It completely slipped my mind that I would need to replace it before inspection deadline, which is Wednesday. I had no luck today at the local Yamaha and Ducati dealers.

hEY if anyone in the greater Boston area would like to swap left-side mirrors with me for a couple days, I would be super duper grateful.

(I want to give http://www.rahns.com all my business, but it is too far to go on a work day. If they even have one.)

AsherEscher

• 2016 Zero FXS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 10:54:25 AM »

(Speaking of other Zeroers around Boston - I saw my first non-mine FXS in the wild today. I thought "NOOO THEY STOLE MY BIKE")

AsherEscher

• 2016 Zero FXS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 08:25:15 PM »

The internet is beginning to convince me that Yamaha and Ducati usually have left-threaded right-hand-side mirrors, opposite of our left-threaded left side. Yamaha-style extenders are working for people here, but maybe not Yamaha-style replacement mirrors.

My FXS definitely has a left-threaded left-hand-side mirror - with a year-old, very-clean, centered, vertical crack that's only mildly distorting. It completely slipped my mind that I would need to replace it before inspection deadline, which is Wednesday. I had no luck today at the local Yamaha and Ducati dealers.

hEY if anyone in the greater Boston area would like to swap left-side mirrors with me for a couple days, I would be super duper grateful.

w00t me and a friend rebuilt the mirror gOOD ENOUGH - and now I have 21 days to get a ball on the end of my brake lever - guess it broke off at some point :D

AsherEscher

• 2016 Zero FXS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 09:46:45 AM »

w00t me and a friend rebuilt the mirror gOOD ENOUGH - and now I have 21 days to get a ball on the end of my brake lever - guess it broke off at some point :D
Passed - I put the pieces back together with some SteelStik.
/END THREAD HIJACK

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 10:54:39 PM »

I like bar-end mirrors. No threads.
our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 11:51:51 PM »

You can use the "universal" mirrors because they come with adapters... I am not a fan of 90% of them, and I see you passed inspection (ick) but anyone in the future should know that pretty much every motorcycle shop should have a set that fits, along with eBay.
Pages: [1]