• May 07, 2024, 12:56:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Looking To Buy 2015 Zero S  (Read 8675 times)

Straightedg4lif

• View Profile
Re: Looking To Buy 2015 Zero S
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2015, 09:25:45 PM »

If anyone doesn't mind sharing what was the OTD price for your Zero, where are your from and what model did you get? I am from Philadelphia and am looking into the Zero S as per the subject... but wanted to see what some deals are to be had out there. Also are Zero sellers willing to negotiate at all or are you pretty much going to have to pay sticker? Thanks for all who respond!
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (Sold)
2015 Roma Hornet (Sold)
2009 Aprilia Mana (Sold)
1983 GS450A Suzukimatic (Sold)
2016 Dong Fang 200SST (Sold)
2017 Super Soco TS1200R (Current Bike)

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2015, 09:38:38 PM »

I paid $19,240 OTD, which included set-up and delivery fees, DMV fees, electronic filing fees, 9% state sales tax, and who knows what else on top of the manufacturer's list price for my 2014 Zero S and "power tank".  I had pre-ordered my bike and I knew from previous experience with my dealer that I was not going to get a discount on their price for the bike.  But then, I don't know of any motorcycle dealer in the SF Bay Area that will give a discount on a new model, only on a previous year's left-over bike that they can't sell otherwise.  With our beautiful weather and high salaries, the local motorcycle dealers don't have to lower their prices to sell bikes.  In fact many of them add "extra dealer profit" to the MSRP and get it on the newest popular models.   :(
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Arun Kalavakolanu

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2015, 09:45:14 PM »

My 2014 S with Power tank cost me $20,842.28 on 3rd May 2014 in Stuart, Florida. It included the wind screen and Givi luggage box. Just like Richard, I had pre-ordered and got the bike after 4 weeks. I have enjoyed just over 8K miles of gas free commuting. Except for a few weeks down time due to a bad throttle assembly needing replacement, and the nagging squeaking at low speeds , no other issues.  Now that they have been out for a while and the 2015 models are available, perhaps you may get a lower price. Good luck.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 09:56:33 PM by Arun Kalavakolanu »
2014 Zero S with Power Tank

Arun Kalavakolanu

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2015, 10:36:14 PM »

I am only 5'3 the bike is a little heavy for me. My questions are has anyone lowered their Zero bikes, and if so how low can it go?

You might want to sit on the bike and take it for an extended ride in stop-and-go traffic so you get a feel for the height of the bike.
At 5'5/ 5'6, I can touch the ground with both feet - not quite completely flat, but solid enough to be well balanced. That being said, I have always wanted a lower seat, just to feel a little more safe/in-control.
2014 Zero S with Power Tank

Straightedg4lif

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2015, 10:49:08 PM »

I am only 5'3 the bike is a little heavy for me. My questions are has anyone lowered their Zero bikes, and if so how low can it go?

You might want to sit on the bike and take it for an extended ride in stop-and-go traffic so you get a feel for the height of the bike.
At 5'5/ 5'6, I can touch the ground with both feet - not quite completely flat, but solid enough to be well balanced. That being said, I have always wanted a lower seat, just to feel a little more safe/in-control.

I will definitely take the bike for a ride, and will look into getting it lowered. The Zero rep said it can be lowered about an inch with the shock and I can always shave the seat down to get it even lower. Even though I am only 5'3 I have an inseam of 30 inches so hopefully with doing those two things I can get it where I need it to be. Also with the bike weighing less than my current bike I will feel a lot more safe as well.
2015 Roma Hornet (Sold)
2009 Aprilia Mana (Sold)

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2015, 04:10:39 AM »

I will definitely take the bike for a ride, and will look into getting it lowered. The Zero rep said it can be lowered about an inch with the shock and I can always shave the seat down to get it even lower. Even though I am only 5'3 I have an inseam of 30 inches so hopefully with doing those two things I can get it where I need it to be. Also with the bike weighing less than my current bike I will feel a lot more safe as well.

My inseam is also 30" and I have no problem placing both feet on the ground at a stop on my 2014 S.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Straightedg4lif

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2015, 05:06:09 AM »

My inseam is also 30" and I have no problem placing both feet on the ground at a stop on my 2014 S.

That is great to hear! I always hated how all the bikes out there are not made for the vertically challenged. I have never sat on a bike and felt completely comfortable unless it was lowered somewhat.

Also a quick question for you, can you tell me how long the Zero S is? I have found the weight but not the length, just want to compare to my current bike. Thanks!
2015 Roma Hornet (Sold)
2009 Aprilia Mana (Sold)

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2015, 07:38:53 AM »

Based upon my measurements in the garage, from the front edge of the front tire to the rear edge of the rear tire, I measure 2 meters.

Straightedg4lif

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2015, 08:17:14 AM »

Based upon my measurements in the garage, from the front edge of the front tire to the rear edge of the rear tire, I measure 2 meters.

Thanks, had to convert that since I am from the states, but appreciate it very much!
2015 Roma Hornet (Sold)
2009 Aprilia Mana (Sold)

Straightedg4lif

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2015, 01:09:43 AM »

I haven't decide on the S ZF9.4 or the ZF 12.5 yet, and wanted some opinions. I really only ride on weekends since I work long hours during the week and using it for commuting is not an option since I need my car for work. I don't really ride many miles at all, but wanted to know if it is worth the extra $2,000 for the 12.5? Plus that way if I ever wanted to get more miles I could always upgrade to the Power Tank. I don't want to get the 9.4 and wish I went with the 12.5 after the fact, but also don't want to spend the extra money if I really won't be needing the extra miles. Like to hear how many miles you guys are getting on your Zero, since I am sure it is slightly different than the mileage Zero states. Any opinions would be welcome.
2015 Roma Hornet (Sold)
2009 Aprilia Mana (Sold)

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2015, 01:36:35 AM »

Straightedg4lif,

The hills around Philly will take their toll on your range. I think the range numbers you see on Zero's web site are for completely flat, calm winds and warm temperature conditions. I live in NC and have rolling hills and you can see the difference on the range between areas that are relatively flat and those with rolling hills. Your right wrist also makes a big difference in your range and getting that under control is not always easy. Temperature makes a big difference and you will not get the range right now that you will get in the summer. Have learned that head winds/tail winds can make a difference to. Getting the 12.5 kwh battery may mean that you can takes trips year around that you can only make in the summer time if you had the 9.4 kwh battery.

Straightedg4lif

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2015, 02:03:03 AM »

Straightedg4lif,

The hills around Philly will take their toll on your range. I think the range numbers you see on Zero's web site are for completely flat, calm winds and warm temperature conditions. I live in NC and have rolling hills and you can see the difference on the range between areas that are relatively flat and those with rolling hills. Your right wrist also makes a big difference in your range and getting that under control is not always easy. Temperature makes a big difference and you will not get the range right now that you will get in the summer. Have learned that head winds/tail winds can make a difference to. Getting the 12.5 kwh battery may mean that you can takes trips year around that you can only make in the summer time if you had the 9.4 kwh battery.

Thanks for your input....I had a feeling that the range numbers were going to be different from what Zero states. I just want to make sure that I buy the bike that is right for me, and it seems like the 12.5 is the way to go. Plus like I said, then if I need even more range I can upgrade to the Power Tank.
Especially since I live in the 'burbs of Philly and the average speed limit where I live is 40mph and of course we always go over that!
2015 Roma Hornet (Sold)
2009 Aprilia Mana (Sold)

KenMac

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2015, 09:21:54 AM »

I haven't decide on the S ZF9.4 or the ZF 12.5 yet, and wanted some opinions. I really only ride on weekends since I work long hours during the week and using it for commuting is not an option since I need my car for work. I don't really ride many miles at all, but wanted to know if it is worth the extra $2,000 for the 12.5? Plus that way if I ever wanted to get more miles I could always upgrade to the Power Tank. I don't want to get the 9.4 and wish I went with the 12.5 after the fact, but also don't want to spend the extra money if I really won't be needing the extra miles. Like to hear how many miles you guys are getting on your Zero, since I am sure it is slightly different than the mileage Zero states. Any opinions would be welcome.

Don't know how long you plan to keep your bike.  I tend to keep mine for quite a while.  Trading in a 12 year old mike on my Zero.  One reason I wanted the 12.5 was for the fact that even if the battery reduces to 80% in 5+ years, there will still be plenty of range to get me through the expected commuting that I plan to do with the bike.  For me it will be a daily commuter to/from work as well as for a fun afternoon ride.
'06 BMW R1200GS, '03 Honda VTR1000 Superhawk, '03 Suzuki DL1000 (traded for SR), 2015 Zero SR

oobflyer

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2015, 11:13:31 AM »

Why Electric?

One reason I went electric was the high gas prices in 2008. In the states the prices reached $5/gal in some areas. While everyone else was complaining about how much the high gas prices impacted their budgets - I was riding around on inexpensive electricity... grinning from ear to ear :)
2021 Energica Ribelle, 2015 Zero SR, 2012 Zero ZF9, 2007 Vectrix VX-1 Li+, 2012 Nissan Leaf, 2018 Nissan Leaf, 2020 Nissan Leaf, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2023 Tesla Model Y

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2015, 01:27:19 PM »

Why Electric?

One reason I went electric was the high gas prices in 2008. In the states the prices reached $5/gal in some areas. While everyone else was complaining about how much the high gas prices impacted their budgets - I was riding around on inexpensive electricity... grinning from ear to ear :)

Also the luxury of completely ignoring volatile fuel costs and mid-day fillups as a commuter vehicle.

The oil markets are heavily impacted by US foreign policies and geopolitical maneuverings. When the geopolitical winds shift slightly, fuel prices will double again. North America has hugely increased domestic oil production (largely through fracking and shale oil), but a disruption in middle east supply will still drive prices sky high.

Even if electricity tripled or quadrupled in price, EVs would still be quite cheap to run.

1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8