Makes And Models > Alta Motorcycles

Just bought an Alta Redshift MX!

<< < (3/5) > >>

Hoppy_250:
Thanks for the reply and real world info. The demos don’t really address the battery life in each persons situation. And I realize there are many factors to it.

ultratoad:
Pie in the Sky I'm Afraid....  I don't have an Alta SM yet, but will....  I have ridden a couple and I am in love....  I currently have an Empulse TT that Victory claimed a 100 mile range on....  Never gonna happen !!!!  If I really baby it at low speed 70 miles, spirited riding in the hills at 60-85 mph, I can burn it to the ground is less than 40 miles....  I would be surprised if the Alta can do 30 miles at a sustained 65 mph.  Anybody gonna tell it like it is ????

Ireek:

--- Quote from: ultratoad on January 09, 2018, 11:14:50 PM ---Pie in the Sky I'm Afraid....  I don't have an Alta SM yet, but will....  I have ridden a couple and I am in love....  I currently have an Empulse TT that Victory claimed a 100 mile range on....  Never gonna happen !!!!  If I really baby it at low speed 70 miles, spirited riding in the hills at 60-85 mph, I can burn it to the ground is less than 40 miles....  I would be surprised if the Alta can do 30 miles at a sustained 65 mph.  Anybody gonna tell it like it is ????

--- End quote ---

I have the SM and you're absolutely right, I have not tried 30 miles at sustained 65mph speeds, I very seriously doubt that this is possible, I've milked 43 miles out of mine on back roads never reaching 50mph, most speeds were less than 45mph.  The EX is going to have lower gearing compared to the SM so that kind of range at that speed will not be possible. 

ultratoad:
Now, there's an honest guy right there....  Still gotta have an SM though....  I have had a lot of motorcycles, but the SM just makes me laugh uncontrollably inside my helmet....  If you have ridden one-- you fully understand !!!!

Ireek:
Hate to keep thread jacking but back to the range of the SM version, the good news for me, and I'm admittedly still a noobie when it comes to electrics but I ride my bike at level 4 all the time and really don't see that much difference in range, but I don't ride on the highway so that's a factor I'm sure, I can still get decent range on back roads using the throttle as needed for fun.  I look at it like this, the bike is so much fun, I can have just as much fun in a short 30-40 mile ride as I can on a 200 mile ride on my ICE bikes, if my Alta got hundreds of miles per charge which would honestly be awesome, I'd never get anything else done in life...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version