• May 07, 2024, 04:46:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How to lift the bike?  (Read 1613 times)

ESokoloff

• View Profile
Re: How to lift the bike?
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2017, 05:49:27 AM »

This started out as a FX related post but since its expanded to cover other modeled I'll jump in & share what I use on my 16 DSR.

I was going to get a jack-screw/scissor type lift when I discovered a nice thick aluminum plate I had laying around that I attached to the round contact device (the basket that contacts what your lifting) on my hydraulic floor jack.
I used flat head machine screws to attach the plate to the lift and left the threads extra long to allow for some free-play between the lift & the aluminum plate. I lift the bike when it's on the side stand & I figured this might make things interface/articulate better (tho I really don't know if it makes a difference as I'm above when lifting/lowering & cant see if the plate articulates).

The aluminum plate is round & slightly larger diameter then the width of the skid/bash plate (rectangular would be best but I'm making due with what I had).

I'm able to lift both wheels/balance the bike if I position the jack/plate just right on the bikes skid plate. 

Just be careful of the stamped louvers towards the rear of the skid plate.
You don't want to make contact with them.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 06:42:25 AM by ESokoloff »
Eric
2016 Zero DSR

gt13013

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2017, 07:42:38 AM »

As regards the first post of this topic, I finally found a convenient way to use my lifter.
This lifter is a cheap one, labelled "KOOROOM DIRT LIFT". You will find it easily by googling.
The problem is that it is a bit high. To solve that, I have assembled some boards on which I roll the motorcycle in order to raise it.
The top of the lifter is rubberised. But I have added a rubber sheet of 15mm thickness (such rubber sheet is easily found in DIY shops. They are used to put under washing machines in order to reduce vibrations and noise).
This allow me to raise the bike easily. When done, the two wheels do not touch the floor. The result is pretty stable and I do not need to attach the bike as long as I do not shake it too much.

Zero S 2023, Zero FXS 2016

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2017, 05:41:52 AM »

Thanks!  That's sturdier then it looks, eh?
our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/
Pages: 1 [2]