• May 08, 2024, 07:21:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Any idea if the new charge tank would work with a '16 DSR?  (Read 1515 times)

BoB Mobil

• View Profile
Re: Any idea if the new charge tank would work with a '16 DSR?
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2017, 04:22:19 PM »

Just buy my bike 2 week ago a DS ZF 13 2017 with the option of Charge Tank, since then the dealer have hard time to have the part. Answer from yesterday from the dealer parts department, Zero not sell anymore Charge Tank old model for 2017 and lower, but working on a new model Charge Tank, but unclear if it will be compatible with 2017 bike. Actually my sale director sent a msg to Bill Stone from Zero Canada to see what solution can be put in place for me, since I buy the bike with this Charge Tank to be able to use here ''Circuit Electrique'' charge point to travel long distance using Level 2 charge ....  Bad experience so far ... But my sale director said he will find a solution for sure .

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2017, 06:56:58 PM »

FYI:  I didn't notice it at first, but the 2018 Charge Tank is a FACTORY installed option, not a dealer-installed one.  If you want a 2018 with a charge tank, you have to order it that way.  Unlike years past, you can't order the base bike and then decide later you want to add the Charge Tank.

That pretty much precludes ANY of the prior-year models from getting the new Charge Tank.  :(
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2017, 08:49:00 AM »

New features are rarely backward compatible.  The charge tank definitely isn’t.  I posted about the power tank, etc in the 2018 Zero Lineup thread of you want more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2017, 09:46:43 PM »

The 2018 official owners manuals were just uploaded.

One detail I noticed was that for 7.2 longbrick models, they recommended not using the onboard charger in combination with the Charge Tank since together they’d exceed the battery’s charging limit.

I take that to mean that together they’d exceed 0.95C for 7.2kWh, suggesting that the 6kW rating applies to the Charge Tank itself.

A factory-only install and withdrawal of the previous model are consistent with them finding themselves unable to support it for regulatory reasons. But I think that’s a limit they face as an OEM and not the hardware being inherently a problem.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS
Pages: 1 [2]