• May 04, 2024, 10:37:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Motor recommissioning was out of commission for me today  (Read 1271 times)

Zoom

• View Profile
Re: Motor recommissioning was out of commission for me today
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2019, 06:40:56 AM »

I just had my first service performed today (a Saturday) at SF moto.  I think they're the biggest zero dealer besides hollywood electrics and have a lot of experience servicing them.  Took under an hour, the didn't have to call zero or order a cable or any nonsense.  I asked the tech about the commissioning process and he said it was different but simpler than previous zeros and basically automatic.  They'd done quite a few already.

So maybe call your service center before and make sure they know what they're doing?

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2019, 12:37:24 AM »

I've learned that there's new dealership software for the SR/F that performs motor commissioning locally. I've also seen it, though I don't have access to it.

I did ask pointedly whether the laptop has to be online to access and service the SR/F, and the answer was a comfortable "no".

On the other hand, it's clear that SR/F diagnostics of things like logs and other troubleshooting is still in its infancy, and Zero servicing HQ is still a bottleneck until they push out new guidance documents.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

TireFryer426

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2019, 01:43:14 AM »

I didn't get a lot of detail because I didn't really ask too many questions about it.  When I took mine in my dealer said that there was a software revision coming out that would allow them to perform the recommissioning on their own, but as of when I took mine in they didn't have it.  So they were required to contact Zero to do the service.  My recommission was done in August.

I'm assuming they had already done the procedure on their demo - when I took mine in they only charged me for 30 minutes of labor.

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2019, 05:16:58 AM »

I agree with Steven. My dealer was on the phone all the time with zero performing this procedure.

Also check this topic on redit, has good info https://www.reddit.com/r/ZeroMotorcycles/comments/d9hbnn/zero_srf_service_intervals/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
2021 Energica SS9+ 21.5kWh
--- Belgium ---
Pages: 1 [2]