• May 04, 2024, 07:57:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: 2017 fxs - cold weather performance  (Read 2637 times)

NEW2elec

• View Profile
Re: 2017 fxs - cold weather performance
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2018, 10:23:22 AM »

From the factory there is a dummy plug cover zipped tied somewhere on the bike.
Check an online manual.
I guess that's a down side of a removable battery, pin damage.

Good luck with it and I hope they can get you fixed up real quick.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2018, 08:43:16 PM »

As I have mentioned in other posts over the past four years, my 2014 S had a connector that was mashed when the bike was assembled at the factory which caused it to not recognize the bike's Power Tank. Once the bent pins were straightened out, and the original defective PT replaced, the bike ran perfectly from then on. Sometimes Zero's factory staff seems to get a little rushed and occasionally mash a pin or two.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

gt13013

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2018, 06:50:13 AM »

In my 2016 FXS there is a dummy plug. You should put it in place when running with only one battery.  It is above the rear battery. See attached image. Its is also written in the manual of your bike, and in the zeromanual:
https://zeromanual.com/wiki/Common_Modifications#FX_Dual_to_Single_Battery

The manual also says that if you run with one battery only, you should place it in front position, and put the dummy plug in place of the rear battery.

What is the problem with the logs retrieving? If it starts, then stops, do it again... I have the same problem. Generally after 2 or 3 attempts, the transfer goes to 100%...
Zero S 2023, Zero FXS 2016

belac

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2018, 11:25:06 AM »

i found that plug for the electrical portion, i thought there might basically be a plastic box that would be placed there for storage if nothing else if you were only using one.

i have tried probably 8-10 times to get the logs on multiple phones, app always crashes. i will give it a few more tries though.

The front connector is the one that is damaged so i think i will have to leave the battery in the rear position. The plug didnt seem very secure makes me think its going to just pop off.

Thanks for the link.

gt13013

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2018, 02:45:22 PM »

Did you try the Zero application both with iPhone and Android ?

dalamario

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2018, 03:00:49 PM »

i have tried probably 8-10 times to get the logs on multiple phones, app always crashes. i will give it a few more tries though.

At what point the zero app crash? During the download or at the end when it try to open the email app to send the logs? On my phone (samsung note8) it always crash at the end of the download when the email app should load to send the logs. But I found that the zero app actually save the logs on his folder, so with a file browser (on android not IOS) you can find the logs on this path: Internal Storage/Android/data/com.ZeroMotorcycles/files. You will find one or two BIN files (depending on what logs you requested).

belac

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2018, 10:50:53 PM »

it was crashing during the download, usually around 64-67%

I checked the filesystem as well but nothing was saved.

I dont have an iphone

phones used:
S8
Note 9

gt13013

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2018, 11:15:23 PM »

Perhaps you could try different versions of the Zero application ?
You can get old versions from https://apkpure.com/zero-motorcycles/com.ZeroMotorcycles
Personally, I use and old version of the Zero application, since I have found that some new versions have some issues with my 2016 bike.

See also
http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=8044.0
http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=7720.0

belac

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2019, 01:07:56 PM »

I wanted to mention th as t I was able to get the logs using an older version of the app.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

gt13013

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2019, 04:35:02 PM »

If it can help, here is an example of what you should be able to get (FXS MY2016):
http://bit.ly/2FiOzyK

These logs contain some rides in the cold (around 0°C) and the bike was running nicely...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 01:20:10 AM by gt13013 »

belac

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2019, 04:56:56 AM »

i wanted to give an update on this.

I dropped the bike off at the dealer on JANUARY 5th. After numerous attempts to get information from them and getting no response they finally got back to me said they were waiting for parts. After another ridiculous amount of time had passed they said i could pick it up. I went down there to pick it up, the date, MARCH 9th! I go to pick it up and checked the pin in their parking lot. They had done absolutely nothing! Left it with them to get that replaced. After multiple emails, numerous excuses and empty promises i still have no bike. I am talking with a lawyer as i dont see what other options i have. At this point i dont even know if i want to keep it once i do get it back, f***ing ridiculous!!!

Jarrett

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2019, 05:57:35 PM »

Man, I'm sorry to hear that.  It seems some Zero dealers provide terrible support.  I wonder if their service department just doesn't know how to work on them or something.  You might try contacting Zero directly and come at it from that angle.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2019, 07:40:39 PM »

Man, I'm sorry to hear that.  It seems some Zero dealers provide terrible support.  I wonder if their service department just doesn't know how to work on them or something.  You might try contacting Zero directly and come at it from that angle.

If I had to guess, I would say that some dealers' service departments really don't want to have anything to do with electric motorcycles.  They have always worked on ICE, are happy with that technology, understand it and fear batteries, motors with few moving parts and a technology with little to do in the way of maintenance.  If your livelihood depends upon adjusting valves, changing oil, filters, spark plugs, clutches, etc., for which you are charging big bucks (in the case of BMW motorcycles, a 12K-mile service is approaching $1K for some models - $1,500 for their GT1600), why would you want to cater to electric motorcycles that require little of no servicing?  Your hope is that the electric motorcycle market will collapse and the darn things will just go away.  In the meantime you might give their owners with strange problems the "runaround".   :(
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

belac

• View Profile
Re: 2017 fxs - cold weather performance - poor warranty support
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2019, 04:20:05 AM »

I dont know if i happened to mention what the issue was. A dead battery and bent pin whee it plugs in so Zero approved replacing battery and replacing wiring harness. Unfortunately those two simple items are to much for the dealer or Zero to manage. It is now about 8 months and still no bike.

dittoalex

• Load the tire before you work the tire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2019, 09:39:33 AM »

Wow!
Pages: 1 [2] 3