• May 04, 2024, 10:13:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Zero Sr/f belt guard rubbing  (Read 479 times)

daniels1216

• Zero Motorcycle SR/S premium
    • View Profile
Zero Sr/f belt guard rubbing
« on: September 16, 2019, 11:01:26 AM »

Has anyone had this problem? I noticed a vibration which was different than the smooth ride I’m used to. Some miles later I stopped to check it and the back of the belt guard near the rear sprocket was rubbing the chain and had caused minor deformation on the belt. The bolt on the guard toward the rear sprocket is fastened all the way in. I’m thinking of adding a small washer somewhere on the guard bolt to pull it off the belt.
10 year daily motorcycle rider, lifelong B.M.X. rider, and lifelong academic advocating for smart transportation in California

siai47

• View Profile
Re: Zero Sr/f belt guard rubbing
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 11:26:59 PM »

Yep---My SR/F had the same problem.  Although it wasn't quite touching the belt, the rear of the guard was only a millimeter away.  Two small washers placed between the guard and the mount on the swingarm straightened it out completely.  Exactly where you are looking at and the resolution you came up with will make the problem go away.   
1979 Honda CBX
2009 Aprilia Cube 250 Scooter
2016 Victory Empulse TT
2019 Can-Am Spyder
2020 SR/F (retired)

daniels1216

• Zero Motorcycle SR/S premium
    • View Profile
Re: Zero Sr/f belt guard rubbing
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 10:49:30 AM »

I found the culprit of the motorcycles problems to be a piece of asphalt lodged in the rear sprocket. It caused the belt to bulge in that area. Good to say all fixed.
10 year daily motorcycle rider, lifelong B.M.X. rider, and lifelong academic advocating for smart transportation in California
Pages: [1]