Makes And Models > Harley LiveWire Forum

Any news?

<< < (2/19) > >>

benswing:
The last things I heard about Harley was that they plan to produce an electric motorcycle by 2020.  The LiveWire project ended with their European tour last year bringing the 40 demo bikes for test rides. 

They also mentioned something about waiting for more energy-dense batteries, and possibly solid state batteries.  Basically, there is no new word for the past year or two.

togo:

--- Quote from: ESokoloff on October 30, 2017, 11:06:02 PM ---The fact that it's only 1/50 released in the US defines it as a process in my opinion....

--- End quote ---

California is way more than 1/50 of the USA on any scale that matters.

ESokoloff:
I moved the statement I made re. BMW here......

http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=7008.0

calamarichris:
Judging from the search results on Harley's site, and the former Livewire page on Harley's site, I'd say it looks dead in the water for now.

Richard230:

--- Quote from: calamarichris on January 20, 2018, 11:47:46 AM ---Judging from the search results on Harley's site, and the former Livewire page on Harley's site, I'd say it looks dead in the water for now.

--- End quote ---

Sounds about right to me.  ;) I hear that H-D sales are down and finances are tight, so it is unlikely they are going to attempt to go electric for some time, unless forced to do so by government regulators.  And I don't see that happening any time soon for electric motorcycles.  Governments are addressing cars, trucks, buses, trains, planes and just about everything else but motorcycles (which everyone seems to agree are too noisy and pollute too much   :o ), when it comes to "pollution-free" travel.  But electric motorcycles just don't appear to be on their radar for now.   ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version