Makes And Models > Harley LiveWire Forum

Any news?

<< < (19/19)

Richard230:

--- Quote from: DonTom on May 30, 2019, 08:35:06 PM ---
--- Quote from: Richard230 on May 30, 2019, 08:20:26 PM ---I hear that level 3 charging systems are not all that cheap to install. Since H-D dealers, just like any vehicle retail dealership, are concerned about their bottom line, dealers that feel that their customers would not be interested in the LiveWire are unlikely to spend the money to install one of two of those charging stations if they feel they will not bring in additional business. Plus, since the cost for recharging at those stations is likely to be free to the customer, that is another expense that the dealer has to consider.
--- End quote ---
They don't have to worry about the expense of it being free to the customer.  I doubt they will have many, if any, customers with the LiveWire.  I could be wrong, but I doubt if many Livewires will be sold @ 30K$.

-Don-  Reno, NV

--- End quote ---

When it comes to marketing H-D motorcycles, you never know.  ::) But I am not putting any money on H-D being overwhelmed by dealer orders, considering the history of their non-cruiser models. Anything thing that even looks like a sport bike, standard, or ADV motorcycle is going to sell like a dead duck at H-D dealerships.  ;)

DonTom:

--- Quote from: Richard230 on May 31, 2019, 03:32:05 AM ---When it comes to marketing H-D motorcycles, you never know.  ::) But I am not putting any money on H-D being overwhelmed by dealer orders, considering the history of their non-cruiser models. Anything thing that even looks like a sport bike, standard, or ADV motorcycle is going to sell like a dead duck at H-D dealerships.  ;)
--- End quote ---
Yep. When the  Harley new M8 ICE engine was first designed, it had 100% balancing. Harley decided it was way too smooth and went with 75% balancing so their "riders would know they are on a motorcycle".

See here.

" When an engine with complete vibration cancellation was tested, riders rejected it;"

I think they mean "Harley Riders" above, not just "riders".   I wonder what a Goldwing rider would say about a touring bike being too smooth. 

However, I must  admit, my Harley has a very nice feel to it. It's nothing like the typical nut-shaker Harley.  I was a Harley hater until I rode  the 2017 Road Glide which has both  a new engine and frame.

But how much noise and vibration will the LiveWire have to satisfy the real Harley riders? Who else would buy it for 30K$ after  seeing a Zero SR/F?

-Don-  Reno, NV

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version