• May 05, 2024, 08:18:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: SRF app/electronics thread, issues etc  (Read 1352 times)

GaryArt1

• Ride with Pride
    • View Profile
Re: SRF app/electronics thread, issues etc
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2019, 06:12:14 PM »

So I wish that the New Generation app would have the ability to push a firmware update like the old generation app.  I’ve had the recent update fail on me twice.  Whatever carrier is used for the bike’s cellular signal is very weak in my area.  I can’t get it anywhere near my house so each time I wanted to try to update, I need to ride to where I can get a signal in order for it to download.  Just to get back to my house and find the update fail.  Next time I am going to try to remain in a area where I have a signal and let it run through the update process to see if that makes any difference.  If the cell signal doesn’t get better on the bike, I probably won’t be paying for the service once the free 2 years runs out.  So I hope the app get’s the ability to update otherwise I will have to go to the dealer for every update, definitely a step backwards. 
Currently own: 
2020 Blue Zero SR/F Premium
2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2019, 08:12:57 PM »

So I wish that the New Generation app would have the ability to push a firmware update like the old generation app.  I’ve had the recent update fail on me twice.  Whatever carrier is used for the bike’s cellular signal is very weak in my area.  I can’t get it anywhere near my house so each time I wanted to try to update, I need to ride to where I can get a signal in order for it to download.  Just to get back to my house and find the update fail.  Next time I am going to try to remain in a area where I have a signal and let it run through the update process to see if that makes any difference.  If the cell signal doesn’t get better on the bike, I probably won’t be paying for the service once the free 2 years runs out.  So I hope the app get’s the ability to update otherwise I will have to go to the dealer for every update, definitely a step backwards.

When Zero was updating the firmware (before they started working on the SR/F) for my 2018 S, I would usually get a warning at the end of the 30-minute download that said that the update had failed. But when I tried again it said that my bike had the latest firmware update. So it is possible that your update was installed correctly and the warning at the end of the process was wrong.  ??? You might want to check again to verify if the download took or not.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

GaryArt1

• Ride with Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2019, 09:30:22 PM »

I wish there was a easy way to determine what firmware was currently in your bike.  As I understand, the only way would be through some method with a serial cord and computer.  Not even sure you can still do this with the SR/F Cypher lll system.   It would be great if like your cell phone you can look up system settings on your bike’s display and it would give the current versions of all the software on the bike.  My understanding is the Firmware indicated on the display is only the display firmware so I do not think that is helpful.  I looked in the error log on the display and it showed I believe Error 8 Firmware update failed each time.  The only way I know to determine if the update actually failed is to bring it where it can get a cell signal and see if new update is available which I did after the first failed attempt.
Currently own: 

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2019, 10:54:02 PM »

I wish there was a easy way to determine what firmware was currently in your bike.  As I understand, the only way would be through some method with a serial cord and computer.  Not even sure you can still do this with the SR/F Cypher lll system.   It would be great if like your cell phone you can look up system settings on your bike’s display and it would give the current versions of all the software on the bike.  My understanding is the Firmware indicated on the display is only the display firmware so I do not think that is helpful.  I looked in the error log on the display and it showed I believe Error 8 Firmware update failed each time.  The only way I know to determine if the update actually failed is to bring it where it can get a cell signal and see if new update is available which I did after the first failed attempt.
My SR (no F) says (on Zero the app under "firmware update") I need a dealer download because I am on version 14, but should be on version 22. Could it be the same on the SR/F that it only shows when you need an update?  And if it shows nothing, you're up to date?

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

GaryArt1

• Ride with Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2019, 11:27:38 PM »

No, I don’t think that functionality is built into the app yet.  Both times, I never got any indication in the app that a firmware update is available.  It only showed up on the bikes display.  The area on the old app under support for firmware update is not in the new app.  Hopefully they will build it into new app and not just rely on the cellular update process.
Currently own: 

EDoggN

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2019, 07:06:38 AM »

Assuming the cellular connection is working, do you have all the same functionality of the App as if it were connected via Bluetooth?

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2019, 06:54:19 PM »

Assuming the cellular connection is working, do you have all the same functionality of the App as if it were connected via Bluetooth?

No, cellular is pretty limited.  Just bike location and charge state/status, you also get notifications (charge complete, bike tipped over, etc.).

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL
Pages: 1 [2]