• May 04, 2024, 07:44:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: CHAdeMO  (Read 6442 times)

MrDude_1

• View Profile
Re: CHAdeMO
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2016, 11:47:24 PM »

Well FINALLY the East Coast has some positive EV thing that the other coast doesnt have... :p

wijnand71

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2016, 11:32:05 PM »

Is that typically North-American? I travel all over Europe for my work and check every Chademo I see and they are all 50-500V.

Ultra just curious is that solution via the aux port or the controller? At the moment I'm limiting my setup to 75A because I use the aux port.

So are you saying that you are using ChaDeMo @75A? How does that work? I'm also living in the netherlands and want to use the Fastnet infrastructure for my highway trips. Please share your setup and connection method!

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2016, 12:55:33 AM »

Is that typically North-American? I travel all over Europe for my work and check every Chademo I see and they are all 50-500V.

Ultra just curious is that solution via the aux port or the controller? At the moment I'm limiting my setup to 75A because I use the aux port.

So are you saying that you are using ChaDeMo @75A? How does that work? I'm also living in the netherlands and want to use the Fastnet infrastructure for my highway trips. Please share your setup and connection method!
Not at this moment, the prototype is still having some problems talking to the Zero. Best way forward from here would be to ditch charging via the Aux port and charge via the controller, that way you can charge even faster at 1C.

I'm actually in the process of putting the ChaDeMo top case up for sale because I ordered a Super Charger. If you're interested in (letting someone) convert it for controller charging we could strike up a deal?

Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2018, 11:19:13 PM »

Hi guys!

Some weeks ago I came to the conclusion, that a Chademo interface to my ZERO is a challenging but feasible project. The results should be useful for any DIY conversion as well. I live in germany and found some traces of conversion projects including chademo. But unfortunately no realy useful project description.
Now I found this thread. Was there anything finished of the started projects or ideas? Does somebody know a finished conversion car with Chademo or a retrofitting of Chademo to an existing EV?

About the status in my project: Today I first time connected a CAN interface to a Chademo charger. In listen only mode. The loader sent some data. Surprisingly not on CAN-ID 108h and 109h, as it should according to the specification, but on 181h, 182h and 183h.
What is this about? Something I can just ignore? Does the EV needs to talk first on CAN before the loader sends its data on ID 108h and 109h?

Best regards, Jochen

« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 03:15:40 AM by Tiger »

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2018, 01:06:46 AM »

I know an old electric T2 that has Chademo.
I had a project that was close to done but sold it and went for SC's instead. It is do-able though, I know a car conversion shop in Amsterdam that can get you all the parts if your interested.

Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2018, 03:15:00 AM »

Hi Erasmo,

you mean that T2 from Holland?

Another dutch shop is http://www.newelectric.nl/. I have heared they might offer what I need. I have not contacted them yet. I will do so if I run into problems which I can not resolve on my own.

How far was your progress with your Chademo project? Did you managed the CAN-BUS communication?

Best regards, Jochen

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2018, 03:33:39 AM »

No from the Netherlands, not Holland.

I got my set from NewElectric, I had mine built in a top case but I'm sure they can ship you the parts if you wanted. Hardware wise it was a solid product, but there were some issues with pairing the bike to the station. With a Super Charger on the way I didn't really look in to it but someone that is more proficient in can bus should be able to figure it out I guess.
Pages: 1 [2]