• May 07, 2024, 09:41:15 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: replacing stop light bulb on my 2012 Zero  (Read 1014 times)

scouter888

• View Profile
replacing stop light bulb on my 2012 Zero
« on: May 19, 2014, 10:03:39 PM »

Anyone know if it's safe to replace the stop light bulb on the Zero with this?:
http://safelightstore.com/safelight-tech-specs.html
Also, what are my options for lowering the bike so I can be a little more comfortable? Thanks for all your input.

aelwero

• View Profile
Re: replacing stop light bulb on my 2012 Zero
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 10:10:15 AM »

I'm running LED's for blinkers.  Had to replace the flasher unit, but wasn't terribly difficult.  Brake light shouldn't need any mods at all that I know of.

For height, I cranked my shock all the way up (unloaded).  I'm 5'4" and it's a tad on the tall side for me still, but it's definitely manageable.  Not so nice on big bumps (it completely bottoms out, rather roughly), but you get used to it :)

I also carved my seat up considerably and I'm basically sitting on the rear sub frame.  I have a seat pan I made, and eventually will upholster it.  Ultimately, I'd like to alter (or completely remove) the rear sub frame, but that's still in the planning phase until I get more comfortable with how it's put together.

"Popular culture believes that Americans no longer want to make anything themselves... that they are happy to have somebody else do it for us.

I've never believed this. The US is full of capable and brilliant designers and dreamers. I encourage you to be one of them. You can do this"

Craig Vetter
Pages: [1]