• May 15, 2024, 12:11:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Well I can attest that the SR is a tough bike...  (Read 747 times)

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
Well I can attest that the SR is a tough bike...
« on: January 26, 2016, 03:16:22 AM »

How tough?
Well, a Fox shot out in front of me today. As it just missed my front wheel its head connected with the front of the battery tray, and the rest of it with my right foot. Luckily (for me) the SR is a heavy bike, so I was able to keep the bike going forward, rubber side down, though not without a serious wobble.

Total damage, a very minor crack on the front plastic cover over the battery, and a wee bit of fox hair trapped between the plastics.

I don't think the fox faired so well, though I did'nt see it post collision, so hopefully it got away with just a serious headache.

Yep, the SR is tough.  :o
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
Re: Well I can attest that the SR is a tough bike...
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 03:07:17 AM »

Update:
It was actually a small deer. And its headache was terminal...  :(
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
Re: Well I can attest that the SR is a tough bike...
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 04:07:28 AM »

A very similar thing happened to me a few months ago. It was a fox that jumped out and its head connected with my right foot while I was doing about 60mph. That was also terminal. I headbutted a pheasant a couple of years ago at speed and had to go back and break it's neck. Over 20 years ago I hit a kangaroo that jumped out in front of me. I was lucky with that one! Darwin awards all round I'm afraid.
Pages: [1]