Makes And Models > Zero Motorcycles Forum | 2012 and older

Zero DS 2011 wiring diagram

<< < (3/5) > >>

yokahoma:
Here are some diagrams that might help. Technically it's for XU but I think the S and DS are similar.

cheerad:

--- Quote from: yokahoma on November 25, 2017, 04:17:32 AM ---Here are some diagrams that might help. Technically it's for XU but I think the S and DS are similar.

--- End quote ---
That's cool, thanks a lot. I will check the bike tomorrow. Funny thing is, that the bike is running sometimes, and sometimes not. The contactor is not switching every time. I have ordered a male and a female 34 pin connector to build a short cable, which I can put between connector and MBB. On this cable I can then do all measurements while the whole system is up and running.

BrianTRice@gmail.com:

--- Quote from: yokahoma on November 25, 2017, 04:17:32 AM ---Here are some diagrams that might help. Technically it's for XU but I think the S and DS are similar.

--- End quote ---

Are these yours, and can I post them to the unofficial service manual website? I'll link the thread for now.

igorbaldo:
Hi guys,

I've finally finished drawing the schematics. Enjoy!  ;D ;D

Leroysparky:
Igorbaldo,

That is great, thank you for doing that wiring diagram. I have a question for you.

So I just got my 2011 Zero XU and I got it with a dead battery. So I took about 4 days to slowly charge each of the 7 banks (2 of the cells that are stacked in series on top of one  another). I charged them at 1 amp with a car/motorcycle charger 6v. Until I got each bank to about 6.5 volts with a total of 45.5 volts. I kept those cells that I got to that voltage, using a computer power supply and a step up. After getting to the 45.5 volts I connected it back to the charger on the bike ant started charging!

So the battery is not in the best shape, with it being that low for well over a year. So with the way the battery is it will cut out around 38mph because it doesn't have enough amps to push out when I need it. (I tested it with another battery I built in parallel and it worked with out cutting out). I was also able to travel about 6 miles and then it would cut out completely with original battery.

So this brings me to the next step in my adventure. I took this pack that I made from 14 3.7v 24ah li-ion cells from a Ford C-Max. ( I did this to make it a faster build.)

So I got everything ready but I very sadly hooked up the BMS in  the exact opposite order needed and I fried my BMS.

With that can you, Igorbaldo or anyone else, tell me by chance what the voltage is going from the KSI to the MBB. The Br and B?

Thank you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version