• May 15, 2024, 10:19:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 2016 Zero SR No display No lights No power  (Read 937 times)

Too little too late

• View Profile
Re: 2016 Zero SR No display No lights No power
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2021, 09:53:32 AM »

I could go on for days about the problems I’ve had with Zero, and this motorcycle. It’s had issues from the day I got it, and Zero has ducked out of every warranty issue I had. Every accessory I added was to make this silent bike safer. Better lighting, a better horn, and audible turn signals. All done without the use of wire nuts or tape. And all done while staying well under the ten amp accessory limit. And yes I’ve seen the videos of these bikes driving through rain all day long without issues, but this has not been my, or poster Crosman’s experience.
 The drawbacks of posting on a public forum. My terms, my sentence structure, and even my wiring skills come into question. My wiring was all done with a ratchet crimper and wire loom. My gripe is that it wasn’t good enough to simply unplug the bullet connector, effectively disconnecting all the aftermarket electronics, all point to point wiring had to be removed.
 Slow? lazy? I did not force water into the electronics of my bike with a pressure washer. However if these terms sound familiar, in that you feel the need to pull them from my paragraph and question them, then by all means, frame them and put them on your wall. Store my bike under a tarp or in a tent? Oh hell no, especially in soupy coastal weather. The entire post about charging in the rain has nothing whatsoever to do with my Zero issue, and is not relevant.

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Zero SR No display No lights No power
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2021, 11:47:03 AM »

Aww, you say you washed it, it didn't work.

But you don't think being out in a wind and rainstorm sitting charging isn't at all similar?

Clearly, your bike shouldn't do that.  Clearly, others don't have that problem.  That's more evidence something is unique to your bike and not the design.

And yet you find this insulting?

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5
Pages: 1 [2]