• May 04, 2024, 10:42:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Can Zero Compete with the pricing of TORK Motorcycles.  (Read 4612 times)

Kocho

• View Profile
Re: Can Zero Compete with the pricing of TORK Motorcycles.
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2017, 06:59:37 PM »

Somewhere in that video someone mentioned 3s to 100km/h (a hair under 60 mph). That's pretty brisk acceleration, though I seriously doubt it will be true, even if they have some ridiculous gearing that would limit top end speed. The Vectrix has a slightly stronger motor in terms of kWh and 110km/h electronically limited top speed, yet managed a time of only something like 6 seconds if not longer... Even the Zero SR can't do 3s to 60mph with its several times more powerful motor, so I highly doubt these things can even come close.

A bike like this will be more powerful  than 50cc gas bikes for sure. Based on my experience with the Vectrix, which was similar to a 300cc or more up to its top speed, these would easily keep-up with or beat a 125cc off the line and probably be competitive up to top speed. So I would not discount them on performance. I think they would be great in the city, just not as quick as a Zero.

Will Zero compete with these? Sure, it might get some buyers like those who want something a bit more than a 50cc scooter but don't want a big motorcycle and would otherwise have bought a Zero S reluctantly. Although I highly doubt there would be many like that, especially in the target markets in countries like India, where these things will need to be priced very low to have any chance of sales, way lower than a Zero.
'15 Zero SR

Testpilot1

• Testpilot1 / Charlie Boorman '' Long Way Down ''
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2017, 08:42:31 PM »

So what your saying is , I should hold out for the BMW e RR at $15,995 , now that would be worth it 😜

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2017, 09:21:24 PM »

If/When it comes to market, and it's around that price I'd consider it.
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

ticobrahe

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2017, 11:08:03 PM »

Last night my wife said, "I feel like a good steak, let's go to Ruth's Chris".

I said, "nah, Sizzler is just down the street and it's like a third of the cost."

She called me a dumbass then slapped me.
2016 Zero SR
2016 Honda CRF250L
2011 Triumph America

Testpilot1

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2017, 11:14:31 PM »

Ok so BMW e RR instead of a ZERO..........

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2017, 12:28:59 AM »

Imagine if a lecky bike had mapping to emulate the 2 stroke powerband thing, I remember that being dead buzzy when I had a 250 as a kid 😀
The only time I've seen anyone refer to an electric motorcycle as a "lecky bike" was when they were being disparaging to electric motorcycles. 

You could also consider adjusting the title, now that it has been made clear that Zero and TORK are vastly different builds in terms of power and quality (and availability). 
First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549

Testpilot1

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2017, 03:08:40 AM »

Like I said power and quality will b answered in due course..........if BMW launch the e RR at $15,995 ZERO are in trouble.......

Testpilot1

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2017, 03:10:25 AM »

The title will stay the same.........

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2017, 07:37:43 AM »

Yes BMW has always been known for their rock bottom cut throat pricing.  I am really laughing in real life as I typed that.

Look if anyone wants a Tork, go for it!  I hope they love it for all time.
But if your goal is to try to get Zero to only charge 5 or 6 grand for their bikes your time would be better spent working overtime instead of typing because that is not going to happen.
Bentley does not drop their prices when some econo box comes out, it is not a real life comparison, same thing here.   
Try to find a new topic, new members are valuable and your opinions are important but lets not go on too long with no real progress in bringing people to your side.  We see the bike, we've heard the claims now lets see what happens with real world reviews and sales.

grmarks

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2017, 09:10:25 AM »

Wait until the power source is ZPE, batteries will be a thing of the past, free and unlimited power lol
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/10/11/multiple-scientists-confirm-the-reality-of-free-energy-heres-the-proof/

I'm sorry but do you also believe in fairies at the bottom of your garden? This idea has been push for over 20 years. There are all sorts of crackpots making claims all over the internet.

grmarks

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2017, 09:26:19 AM »

On the side of the T6X it has lower gearing than the Zero's with a top speed of around 100km/h so this will improve its acceleration, also its lighter with the smaller battery pack, again improving acceleration, but it will still be short of a Zero. But it might find a good market in asia where there are lots of 125cc scooters around. The chances are it will smoke these by a big margin. It could be a real winner in those countries.

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2017, 04:02:00 PM »

Wait until the power source is ZPE, batteries will be a thing of the past, free and unlimited power lol
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/10/11/multiple-scientists-confirm-the-reality-of-free-energy-heres-the-proof/

I'm sorry but do you also believe in fairies at the bottom of your garden? This idea has been push for over 20 years. There are all sorts of crackpots making claims all over the internet.
Oh ZPE is totally a thing, getting work out of it... Not so much... Though some notable names have considered the problem.
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2017, 07:40:04 PM »

TORK is in a completely different class from Zero, performance, range, and probably durability. They will be competing primarily against other lower-spec Chinese bikes that are used primarily for inner city commuting or delivery.

And that's fine. Many riders will be satisfied with a bike in that class, and Zero doesn't offer a bike for them. More competition (for the various Chinese resellers) is good.

With that said - TORK's marketing materials are exaggerated and should be taken with a large grain of salt. It would be worth waiting for a review from an independent entity before becoming too enthusiastic :)

Just stop while you're not totally hated on this forum no one's falling for it

Woah there. That's not called for, IMO. Stop and think about what you're typing please!
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Testpilot1

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2017, 07:52:45 PM »

Your not wrong Justin, Bae systems / Lockheed Martin / NASA are back in the game, after project green glow some years ago........

http://www.utahspace.org/special/casimir-force-thrusters.html
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 09:48:44 PM by Testpilot1 »

Electric Cowboy

• View Profile
    • Miller's Premium Brand Electrons : YouTube
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2017, 07:57:32 PM »

The Tork is a rebranded Chinese bike from a scooter manufacturer. I know the guys that build it.

They are calling it Indian because they are buying it for use as an Indian brand.

Might be useful and fun in countries where scooters are popular.

@bmw eRR when it becomes available let me know. I rode the mission and tried to buy one... I tried to buy a lightning... Shit, I even tried to buy a brammo 3 years before they released, when they were originally supposed to release.

I owned a native, which definitely qualified as scooter power but was great back in the day... and since then have owned each successive years top of the line street model for Zero.

Why a Zero? Because it's the one that's actually on the market. The whole rest of the industry is vaporware. Would get an Energica if it were available here. But I don't know anyone who has been able to get one that tried here in California.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5