Makes And Models > Zero Motorcycles Forum | 2013+

2017SR or 2016SR?

<< < (2/2)

Richard230:
My rule-of-thumb is that electric motorcycles depreciate about 50% per year. (Just ask a dealer what they will give you on a trade-in.) I am not sure when they bottom out.  I was hoping to find that out when I gave my daughter my 2014 S and told her to sell the 2012 S that I gave her 4 years ago. But so far she hasn't put it on the market.  Perhaps waiting for better weather and higher gas prices.  ???  (Sometimes she gets attached to her motorcycles and it is hard to let them go.  ;) )

gyrocyclist:

--- Quote from: Neuer_User on January 17, 2018, 02:36:43 PM --- ...
If there is no benefit for the upgrade, then I probably better stay on the 2016SR (which I do love very much) and rather sell the 2017SR unused.

--- End quote ---
I would stick with the 2016SR (same as my bike). In my opinion there's not enough enhancement to upgrade to 2017. Also, I think you're playing a risky game if you're aim is to pocket some $. Nothing wrong with that, just think its highly likely that you'll lose out.

Personally I can't wait to upgrade. 2018 sound great -- but not nearly enough for me plunk down the $. I'm eagerly awaiting 2020 and beyond.

ZeroPointZero:

--- Quote from: Neuer_User on January 15, 2018, 05:57:01 PM ---I have my dear 2016SR for about one and half year now. It's been running great. I haven't had any real issue with it, and I have driven so far about 14.000km. I have just replaced the tires a second time, so they are pretty new now.

Now, I got a very good deal on a 2017SR, which was used as a demonstration bike and which my dealer must get rid of (registered for about half a year now). It has run only 23km so far, and is thus in perfect shape, of course.

My question to you, guys, is: What would you do?

a.) keep my good old 2016SR and sell the 2017SR unused in spring for probably about 1000 € profit?
b.) switch to the new 2017SR and sell my 2016SR in spring, probably paying in the end about 1000-1500€ for the upgrade?

In the end that comes down to the question: Take a used 2016SR in great shape or 2000-2500€ more for a brand new 2017SR?

What would you do?

--- End quote ---

Did you already buy the 2017?  If not, keep the '16 , the '17 isnt that much better to justify the cost.  I have a '16 SR and Im holding out for a '19 or '20 model.  I hope to be able to trade in, because selling an electric motorcycle is like selling a ketchup popsicle to a woman in white gloves, unless you live in CA, which I dont.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version