• May 09, 2024, 04:29:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 2010 Throttle Issue  (Read 2009 times)

armicb

• View Profile
Re: 2010 Throttle Issue
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2023, 01:22:23 PM »

Hi Amicb

thank you for your reply!

I don't think the controller is fried, it stll works most of the time, but not always. If it would be fried, I think would not drive anymore.

Best wishes
ProgrammerOnWheels

That was exactly the same behaviour when mine was about to get completely fried in my DS 2010, don´t know if it´s your case. If one day yours refuses completely to run check it, and if the controller needs replacement don´t forget to install a precharge.

Cheers!

programmerOnWheels

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2023, 09:23:29 PM »

Deas anybody know where the OBD2 in the 2010 Model is? Because in this page it's only documented until back to 2011.
https://zeromanual.com/wiki/OBD-II_Port_Location

programmerOnWheels

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2023, 11:49:56 PM »

@amicb

That's why I had the controller replaced like 2 months ago. Because I read many similar posts in the forum and all as a solution had replaced the controller. But after the controller was replaced I hoped it would stop occuring. But unfortunately even tho the controller was replaced, same issues still happening.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 02:33:14 AM by programmerOnWheels »

programmerOnWheels

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2023, 06:01:23 PM »

All good, me and some friends dismanted my 2010 and there is no OBD2 connector. Therefore there is no option to detect the problem when my motorcycle does not drive anymore because there are no beep eeror sounds anymore because BMS was removed.

But if anymone would like to buy it in europe or at least parts of it like the battery (Niffan Leaf modules, a range of 80km up to 180km, depending on the speed, max speed 113km/h) please hit me up!

Alan. Yes THAT Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2023, 04:37:50 AM »

Yesterday, my 2011 S did the same thing as yours: solid green light on the controller, no errors flashing on the dashboard, no beeps from the BMS, but the motorcycle would not move. I've owned it since 2017 and it has never done that before.

I measured the voltage coming from the Alltrax motor controller to the motor, and it was 0 volts. The other thick wires at the Alltrax were 56.3 volts, so the problem was definitely in the controller.
  Luckily, I had a Kelly controller sitting around. This morning, I replaced the Alltrax controller with the Kelly controller. The motorcycle started up great and I just finished driving it around for 3 miles with no problems at all.

udracing

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2023, 10:14:16 AM »

The sad thing is, i know it can drive and it works. But the Throttle-Disable is activated, even to it should not be activated.

Do you get the 8 blink red light when the bike isn't working? Does it start and then stop during the ride or does it not start at all?

programmerOnWheels

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2023, 02:53:32 PM »

Hi guys

Sorry for the late reply. I disconnected the cables at the back going to the battery, reattached them because a loose contact could be the cause according to some zero mechanics from the headquarter I had a call with. it worked for 2 weeks but then one morning my bike didn't move again. so I accepted that i cannot fix it.

@Alan: i had the controller replaced already and I don't think my machanic would replace a broken controller with another broken one. And I know if I even ask him that he would get angry. But I can measure the contage from the controller going to the motor. Thank you for that hint! How did you measure that? did you measure the B-, the B+ or the M-?  See here: https://alltraxinc.com/npx-products/

@udracing: It kepps blinking red like as if the kickstand was down. So not specifically 8 red lights. Sometimes it doesnt start, and sonmetimes it stops when driving.

Best wishes
ProgrammerOnWheels

DarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2023, 08:29:49 AM »

Why don't you scrap that Zero battery box, controller and charger and go all aftermarket?
Pages: 1 [2]