Marketplace > Buy Sell Trade

~ Secondary battery from 2016 SR ~ $1000

(1/2) > >>

Alan. Yes THAT Alan:
I have the extra range-extending power-pack battery on my 2016, but I'd rather have the storage space instead.
 Nothing at all wrong with this battery.
 The motorcycle only has a little over 3K miles on it.
 It looks like the battery will fit perfectly on a 2014, 2015, and possibly other years.

I'd like to sell my battery, mounting hardware, and the "gas tank" that goes with this battery for $1000 plus your old "gas tank" that has the storage compartment. My SR is red.

I'm located in south Texas. Meeting somewhere in person would be a lot easier than mailing this big battery and plastic "tank".

Specter:
When was the battery pack actually purchased?  2016 or a later year?

Aaron

Alan. Yes THAT Alan:
The secondary battery was purchased new, in 2016, as part of the motorcycle. A little over 3,000 miles ago. As you can see from the mileage, this motorcycle is only used on little trips around town.

NEW2elec:
A Zero has to have a dealer software update to work with a power tank. An old 16 PT likely won't play nice with a newer less degraded battery if it can be connected at all.  Anyone interested can check with their local dealer for advise.

I'd advise Alan to just keep it and actually put some miles on an eight year bike and get a back pack.

Alan. Yes THAT Alan:
I advise NEW2elec and other forum trolls that if they don't want to buy the battery, they are free to simply pass and move along in life, without making unwanted comments.

To everyone else,
 Contrary to what NEW2elec puked up, the battery is NOT degraded and, according to Zero's website, this power-tank is compatible with SR's ranging from 2015 - 2021, similar to what I originally wrote when I posted the ad. However, I'm not convinced it won't also fit in a 2014 model and I'm also not convinced that it isn't a plug-and-play installation. When I inspected a 2014 model, all of the wiring and plugs looked identical to my 2016.

If, like NEW2elec, you are one of the few people who even HAS a local dealer (many of us do not) and if you enjoy throwing money at said dealer (many of us do not) then by all means: go there and spend the $3,000+ that the local dealers charge (according to Zero's website.)

In the meantime, my working, low-mileage power-tank battery is still for sale for $1,000.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version