Makes And Models > Zero Motorcycles Forum | 2013+

It is possible to have a magic charge only whit the power tank?

(1/3) > >>

GeneralSP:
Hi guys,

I have a SRS 2020 with new main battery replaced. I already have a power tank and it has been not replaced. It is possible now to have the magic charge phenomena with the power tank only? I noticed since I begining to ride (Winter finished) when I come from a ride I turne the bike off, after arround one hour, I lost three or four %. Some time a win this same %.

I fully charge to 100% and after one hour the % drop to 98%. Weird situation. My bike doesn't keep his % after many day.

People with power tank and newer main battery, have  you noticed something like that?

MVetter:
Unfortunately I would only expect problems to get worse with a Power Tank on one of the new monoliths (15.7 or 17.3). The Power Tank is constructed using the previous generation Farasis 32Ah cells. The new BCB monoliths are using the Farasis P73 cells that are a different chemistry and operate at slightly different voltage parameters. In my opinion it is a very, very bad move by Zero to sell such a pack and I urge people to either go for a Rapid Charger or keep the empty pocket as storage space. I believe this will not end well.

DonTom:

--- Quote from: GeneralSP on April 21, 2024, 07:03:05 AM ---Hi guys,

I have a SRS 2020 with new main battery replaced. I already have a power tank and it has been not replaced. It is possible now to have the magic charge phenomena with the power tank only? I noticed since I begining to ride (Winter finished) when I come from a ride I turne the bike off, after arround one hour, I lost three or four %. Some time a win this same %.

I fully charge to 100% and after one hour the % drop to 98%. Weird situation. My bike doesn't keep his % after many day.

People with power tank and newer main battery, have  you noticed something like that?

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: GeneralSP on April 21, 2024, 07:03:05 AM ---Hi guys,

--- End quote ---
IMO, Zero should have changed the PWR Tank when the main battery was replaced. That is if they want to do it right, instead of cheap.

-Don-  Reno, NV

MVetter:
That would accomplish literally nothing

GeneralSP:
ok guys, you mean they don't have new generation cells inside the new generation power tank build? they build them with the same cells since to beginning?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version