Makes And Models > Zero Motorcycles Forum | 2013+

UK Insurers/Brokers

(1/12) > >>

andrewcsp:
Hello,

I placed an order for a Zero SR/F yesterday. Very excited, but reading here I'll probably be waiting at least a few months for it!

In the meantime, can anyone in the UK advise who they use for insurance (on any Zero model)? I can insure my BMW 1300cc 173bhp monster for £300 fully comp, but anything in the Zero range is £777 (SR, new) to £940 (SR/F). Only Lexham will give me a price for the SR/F. The bike would be garaged at home, and ground anchored on a driveway at work (London).

For the SR/F I've tried:

GoCompare via website (no results available)
MoneySupermarket via website (no results available)
Confused via website (no results available)
Devitt via telephone (cannot find the bike)
BeMoto via telephone (too risky to have it parked in London, despite anchor)
BeSure via telephone (no results available)
Carole Nash via telephone (no results available)
Lexham via telephone (£945, fully comp, must use disk lock or chain at all times)

I'll try Wicked Quotes tomorrow, as I've seen that mentioned here.

Any other suggestions welcome. One suggestion I've had is "burn petrol, it's cheaper and easier!" Finding it hard to argue with that to be honest!

Andrew

Fred:
Wicked Quotes for my FXS. I'm shocked that getting insurance is still so difficult. They all say they can do it when you ask up front, they take all your details (to spam you with later) and stumble at the "how many cc" question.  ::) I notice that Bennetts did a video review of the SR/F, but I doubt they'll insure one. Might be worth a try though.

andrewcsp:
Thanks for the suggestions Fred. I actually wonder if we’re moving backwards in regard to insurance.

I just tried Wicked Quotes. They told me they no longer insure electric motorcycles. Their underwriter no longer offers this.

Tried Bennett’s also. They don’t have an insurance rating/category for the bike so cannot insure it. This may change later but no guarantee of that.

robbill:
Is there such a thing in the UK as a rider's policy?
I insure my SR (full no claims) on a 600cc rider policy at £139.

Fred:

--- Quote from: robbill on May 21, 2019, 04:04:45 PM ---Is there such a thing in the UK as a rider's policy?
I insure my SR (full no claims) on a 600cc rider policy at £139.

--- End quote ---
There used to be rider policies - not sure if there is any more. We also moved to insurance groups for a while but now seem to be back to insuring by engine capacity - which causes problems.

If Wicked Quotes have stopped doing electric bikes then I might not be able to get insurance at all when mine is up for renewal.  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version