• May 07, 2024, 01:05:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Helmet paint  (Read 1068 times)

NanoMech

• Head Wrangler
  • Portola Valley, California
    • View Profile
    • Angler Wranglers Demolition Co., est 1895
Helmet paint
« on: August 21, 2014, 05:29:18 AM »

I've seen a few really nice paintings on the fairing, tank, and helmets of Zero and other electric bike owners. The references are scattered across a few postings, so I thought to start a new posting for my rider protection system. I really like the carbon fiber paint job here: http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=1272.msg3261#msg3261

I'm a high-time scuba-diver and I enhanced my riding suit and helmet as that of a hardhat diver, and in recognition of the Jules Verne novels (and "Wild Wild West" movie), the basis for SteamPunk "Victorian Futurism". I've attached a few images of the helmet below. The date is that of the first American electric motorcycle patent (1895), with the bike produced a year later. It is a Shark evoline helmet that is certified open or closed and the design shifts to accommodate both positions.

Yes, that is corrosion on the rivets, both zinc and green cuprous oxide, and there are water droplets on the top and back side, where they are being blown off in the wind. Also a few "dings" and scratches are included. I also have a Sena intercom system installed and not shown.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 05:34:38 AM by NanoMech »
2014 Zero DS "Wrangler", PowerTank, 25T drive sprocket: www.AnglerWranglers.com

ut-zero

• View Profile
Re: Helmet paint
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 01:48:10 AM »

That helmet is great.  Matches your bike nicely.  Did you do the paint yourself or have a shop do it?

NanoMech

• Head Wrangler
  • Portola Valley, California
    • View Profile
    • Angler Wranglers Demolition Co., est 1895
Re: Helmet paint
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 04:57:36 AM »

Thanks, a few more photos to appear in a week or two.

"Custom Air-Brush by Daneen", is the business. Daneen is the cover-girl below, and the images are of some of her other painting designs that attracted my interest. She is super-talented and very sweet, a winning-combo for an unusual request of her talents in my artwork.

Daneen is also a founding-member of a few silicon valley eBike advocates for planetary evolution free of Xenobiotic and exo-Transgenic genomic influences.

http://www.customairbrush.com/
2014 Zero DS "Wrangler", PowerTank, 25T drive sprocket: www.AnglerWranglers.com
Pages: [1]