• May 07, 2024, 03:58:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: power cuts off  (Read 1795 times)

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
Re: power cuts off
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2016, 08:32:33 PM »

Four years ago my cell data plan was unlimited and included with a voice plan for $20/month. Two years ago that cost would jump to $60/month so I quit the voice plan and I was paying $5/month for a cell phone data-only plan. Now I'm paying $30/month for the same plan. In two more years it will be $80/month.

The trap is real.

This doesn't even go into the privacy-shredding implications of carrying a networked tracking device that most users freely input their information into.

The problem is that to understand this you need to know facts and facts are not easy to understand for most people.

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2016, 09:10:31 PM »

Terry, sometimes people see something like this and flip out:

https://www.google.com/maps/timeline

(use the same google account that your phone has, if you need to login)

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2016, 09:58:05 PM »

Had nobody told flexydude about the secret deal that Zero did with the NSA? Your bike know where you are. Now the government knows where you are. And they can cut the power if you're getting too close to where they don't want you to be.
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

Kocho

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2016, 11:46:54 PM »

That's if your phone is configured to keep/report location history... I got exactly one point there, my home.

Terry, sometimes people see something like this and flip out:

https://www.google.com/maps/timeline

(use the same google account that your phone has, if you need to login)
'15 Zero SR

flexydude

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2016, 12:58:17 AM »

so two and one half weeks in the shop, i finally called them, and they are still waiting to hear from zero on how to fix it. Not too pissed because this is what i came to expect. just glad i have my russian piece of crap Ural bike to ride. at least when it breaks i can fix it.

flexydude

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2016, 11:18:14 PM »

3 weeks in the shop and..... you guessed it, nothing, not even a call

Kocho

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2016, 12:04:43 AM »

You are still at least a week better than my service - had the bike for exactly one month in the shop for a repair that was diagnosed fairly quickly but required some parts shipped and installed with assistance from Zero. The shop had some coordination/scheduling challenges to get Zero on the line to help, even though both sides were interested in resolving this. I did have to call/email for updates, neither the shop nor Zero was particularly forthcoming in keeping me informed without asking; but when I did ask, I did get prompt responses that mostly made sense.

When you pick-up your bike, eyeball it as much as you can - my shop had lost some small parts and installed some plastics incorrectly. When I picked-it up they fixed those for me on the spot when I noticed and made no fuss about it, but shows they were not particularly experienced or attentive, since what I noticed was quite obvious. They also did not apply dielectric grease on the BMS terminal connector after they were done servicing it, so that's something I got to do to make sure moisture does not enter there over time... I wonder what's under the covers that they might have messed-up; luckily the bike seems to be fine after the service...

3 weeks in the shop and..... you guessed it, nothing, not even a call
'15 Zero SR
Pages: 1 [2]