Makes And Models > Zero Motorcycles Forum | 2012 and older

2010 Zero MX Battery Replacement - Nissan Leaf Modules

(1/3) > >>

pattersonimages:
Well, decided to drop in and make this bike run.  Picked up 7 GEN1 leaf modules and started tinkering today.

pattersonimages:
HOW to fit these in.... Drilled 2 x 5/16" holes for threaded rod in the lower crossmember.  Can "just" sneak 5 modules under the upper main bar.- with room for wiring out back.

pattersonimages:
Fitting the first 5 modules required nothing more than the 2 drilled holes through the lower frame / brace- just under where the stock battery box sat.  Also - from my measurements - the stock factory battery compartment bracees- that can me unscrewed/removed are almost exactly at the correct height to lock down the leaf modules.  I picked up some 2" aluminium angle from the local home dept, and cut to length slightly longer than the leaf modules.  Using 4 carriage bolts, and some JB weld - I marked out the bracket that will run under the inner 5 cells - and create the external cage to place the vertical cell ( one on each side).

BrianTRice@gmail.com:
I've added a link to this thread to the unofficial manual article: https://zeromanual.com/wiki/Gen1/Battery_Rebuild

May I upload your photos to the manual? Any notes you want added I can help edit as well. Thanks!

Moto7575:
Nice picture, but does it work ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version