Makes And Models > Zero Motorcycles Forum | 2012 and older

Zero DS 2011 speed limit?

(1/2) > >>

stanelie:
Hello.

I've noticed I am unable to go any faster then 100 km/h on my Zero DS, the speed appears to be limited somehow.

I see in the Main Bike Board that I can mess with the rear wheel size. If I adjust the wheel size to be smaller, the MBB will probably think I am going slower then I really am. Is this the correct way to adjust the top speed limit on this bike?

Thanks.

stanelie:
Hi.
So, I lifted the rear wheel and twisted the throttle, the speedometer maxed out at 120 km/h. So, there doesn't seem to be a software limit on the speed. I am still only getting a max speed of about 98 km/h. Any ideas where the limit could be? Battery voltage sag? Motor too old?
Thanks!

Richard230:

--- Quote from: stanelie on October 03, 2022, 12:27:28 AM ---Hi.
So, I lifted the rear wheel and twisted the throttle, the speedometer maxed out at 120 km/h. So, there doesn't seem to be a software limit on the speed. I am still only getting a max speed of about 98 km/h. Any ideas where the limit could be? Battery voltage sag? Motor too old?
Thanks!

--- End quote ---

My recollection is that when the 2011 Zero DS was tested by magazine reviewers back in the day they obtained a top speed of 65 mph (105 km/hr). So after 10 years, the battery might be a little tired and is not putting out quite as much voltage as when it was new. But sill that sounds like a pretty decent top speed for a bike that old.

stanelie:
Hi richard230.
I have swapped out the old defective battery for a newer Nissan Leaf pack, following a recipe that's floating around on the forums. As far as I can tell, it's the exact same chemistry, voltage, number of cells in series, and just a bit less total AH.  Any other ideas?
Thanks!

Richard230:

--- Quote from: stanelie on October 03, 2022, 03:44:29 AM ---Hi richard230.
I have swapped out the old defective battery for a newer Nissan Leaf pack, following a recipe that's floating around on the forums. As far as I can tell, it's the exact same chemistry, voltage, number of cells in series, and just a bit less total AH.  Any other ideas?
Thanks!

--- End quote ---

That is all I have. While I saw the 2010 and 2011 bikes at the Zero dealer in Daly City, CA, I never rode one. All I did is read a couple of period tests at the time they were introduced.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version