Makes And Models > Zero Motorcycles Forum | 2012 and older

Questions about the throttle on a 2011 S

(1/1)

Alan. Yes THAT Alan:
When I measure the ohms directly from my two throttle wires, I get a range of 0 (off) to 5.4 ohms (full throttle). Seems good.
But when I measure the throttle's voltage directly from the two throttle wires that plug into the motor controller, I get a range of 0V to 2.95V.
 Is that the maximum voltage that it's supposed to reach? Could somebody else measure their voltage and see if it's the same?

Next weird thing is that it reaches that maximum 2.95V at about 40% of the throttle's range. That is, as I slowly twist the throttle, I can watch the voltage numbers go up, and when my throttle is 40% 'open', the voltage is 2.95V. Then, as I continue slowly twisting the throttle for the final 60% of range, the voltage stays pegged right on 2.95V and never goes up again.
 Is that normal? Is the Zero supposed to reach its maximum throttle after only 40% of a twist? Is there a way to change that so that it uses the entire range of the throttle?

Alan. Yes THAT Alan:
As far as changing the range/voltage, when I log into the MBB, I see that my Zero's Throttle Map is set to "Curve 7". Is that the one it's supposed to be? How many throttle curves are there and what are the differences?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version