• May 09, 2024, 03:29:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: SR/F complaints  (Read 5807 times)

Ermahgerd

• View Profile
Re: SR/F complaints
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2019, 01:07:59 AM »

Well.. i AM an electrician, and that link is just for the charging station..
(one that can ONLY be installed on a 400V system)
So.. it would still need the transformer in addition..

Also.. That site doesn't carry transformers..

Just to make sure we're in sync in regards to technical terms...
Looking at the supply system in the mains cabinet in your house, does the main fuse have 2, 3 or 4 breakers connected through the same switch?

Example 2 phase:
https://www.hager.de/ecatimages/detail/CDA240D.jpg

Example 4 phase:
https://www.hager.de/ecatimages/detail/CPA440D.jpg

Here's a picture from what i can see, don't really understand what you mean exactly, I'm not an expert.
But since i already had an electrician here that made me an offer i know that i don't need any additional transformer etc., just some cables and a fi-protection switch plus higher fuses depending on my wallbox.
1996 Suzuki GSX 600F
2001 BMW R 1100S
2019 Yamaha MT 09 SP

MrBlc

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2019, 01:27:18 AM »

@ermagherd That's a 400V system.. If it's secured with 50A you would indeed be able to use a 22kW charger. (as that is 32A at max)

Ermahgerd

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2019, 01:56:09 AM »

@ermagherd That's a 400V system.. If it's secured with 50A you would indeed be able to use a 22kW charger. (as that is 32A at max)

Thanks for clearing that up, pretty much every house has those in the basement in germany.
Let's get back to topic: SR/F complaints

1996 Suzuki GSX 600F
2001 BMW R 1100S
2019 Yamaha MT 09 SP

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2019, 03:20:50 AM »

Let's get back to topic: SR/F complaints
I sat on one yesterday. I find the bike rather uncomfortable. Foot pegs too far back--can they be adjusted more forward?

At first, I was thinking I was on the passenger footpegs by mistake--but I wasn't.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2019, 07:56:03 AM »

There's been an interesting little development in my world since my last post on this topic...

On Tuesday morning I took my Honda in for its 8,000 mile service.  Before jumping on the courtesy bike to head into London, I reckon I had about an hour to spare.  So I walked round to the bike showroom and asked to take the Fireblade SP out for a spin.  Any idea where this is going yet?

I was absolutely blown away by that bike.  It soaks up the bumps on our terrible British roads like a sports tourer.  The engine is so smooth and refined that it could almost be a gas turbine.  It's quiet around town, which is what I love about Zeros, but has a real bark when you open it up.  The handling is sublime, the quick shifter and blipper work even better than on my CB1000R.  It accelerates like a rocket ship.  The breaks are just the nuts, and so on...

I returned to the dealership on Wednesday morning to pick up my bike and I placed an order for the SP.  £17,000 versus £18,500 for the SRF.  They are both £20k bikes.  The UK government contributes £1,500 by way of a subsidy.  Honda contribute £3,000 by way of discounts so they can clear their stock in preparation for next year's model.  In fact Honda UK are sold out already and I was just very lucky that my dealer still had one in their showroom.

Insurance seems to be cheaper than for the SRF. My best quote is £728 and I have a lot of companies to choose from.

So basically I'm getting a much better bike for less money and a lot less hassle and inconvenience.  Or the same money with over 10,000 miles of fuel thrown in.

I'll keep my 2014DS for cheap miles when it finally gets back on the road. It must be a month now since the charger failed and as usual I'm suffering the usual mixture of dealership incompetence and poor service from Zero.  I still don't have a concrete date as to when the new chargers will be shipped from the European distribution centre. They were ordered about two weeks ago.  That's with a competent dealer involved. I gave up on my local dealer when they didn't even manage to contact Zero in the two weeks since I reported the issue to them.  I had to go via the UK manager to get anywhere...

It probably goes without saying that the Fireblade will give me a lot more freedom than the Zero.  The thought of having to stop for 90 minutes to charge every 60 miles on the motorway just put me right off.  I'll be able to go proper distances on the Fireblade and much quicker than on the SRF.

I'm sorry to say that, as usual with EVs, it has come down to cost and range as the main complaints for the SRF.  It's a lovely bike and I really, really wanted one. I just happened to find another one that I like even more!

The good news is that demand for the SRF is high here in the UK.  My SRF order was quickly handed down to the next person on the list.

Zoom

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2019, 08:41:28 AM »

I'm surprised to hear folks say they don't like the seating position.  I got a chance to sit on one recently and it felt very standard/upright to me, and rather comfortable.

My only complaint is that mine isn't in my garage yet. :)

alko

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2019, 09:07:13 AM »

I'm surprised to hear folks say they don't like the seating position.  I got a chance to sit on one recently and it felt very standard/upright to me, and rather comfortable.

My only complaint is that mine isn't in my garage yet. :)

I haven't seen one in person yet, but just by looking at pictures, it appears foot pegs are placed higher and farther back compared to my dsr. If that's the case, than I can see it being uncomfortable for me as it puts more weight on handlebars.

Jarrett

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2019, 09:44:59 AM »

The seating position of the SRF was one the reasons I ordered the DSR instead.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2019, 10:31:01 AM »

I'm surprised to hear folks say they don't like the seating position.  I got a chance to sit on one recently and it felt very standard/upright to me, and rather comfortable.My only complaint is that mine isn't in my garage yet. :)
Motorcycles are not "one size fits all."   I am kinda long legged. But comfort on an electric motorcycle is not all that important,  IMO, as we usually cannot  go hundreds of miles at a time with out a nice long rest stop to recharge.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Zoom

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2019, 12:21:52 PM »

I'm surprised to hear folks say they don't like the seating position.  I got a chance to sit on one recently and it felt very standard/upright to me, and rather comfortable.My only complaint is that mine isn't in my garage yet. :)
Motorcycles are not "one size fits all."   I am kinda long legged. But comfort on an electric motorcycle is not all that important,  IMO, as we usually cannot  go hundreds of miles at a time with out a nice long rest stop to recharge.

-Don-  Auburn, CA

I guess what I meant is it just didn't feel that different from my zero S.  I'd read some impressions that had me braced for a bigger difference.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2019, 01:06:57 PM »

Well Bonkers I guess I'm not really surprised.   

MBldc

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2019, 02:01:37 PM »

There's been an interesting little development in my world since my last post on this topic...

I can understand your motivation. Nearly all ICE-Bikes offer more bang for the buck than the Zeros do, especially in the 20k price range. But that is no key argument for fans of electric propulsion. The best electric overall package is what I am interested in. Easy Scooter-like commuting in traffic and beeing able to extend the way home to a fast spin with the same bike is the appealing feature for me.
For me a valid SR/F-complain could be serious quality issues and lack of support/parts in a couple of years, like it seems to be with the early Zero models.
BTW - does anybody have news about the delivery progress? Real quiet the last days..
Zero SR/F

BigPoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2019, 04:56:36 PM »

No word on delivery status from my dealer but they at least followed up with Zero regarding my request for the taller seat at build time. Although they have part numbers and pricing for the different seats, one...Zero won’t build the bike with non-standard parts at this time and two... the taller seat is like the other announced accessories, unavailable until later this year.

Sounds to me like it’s all they can handle to build the SR/F’s in their stock configurations right now.
2023 Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited

GaryArt1

• Ride with Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2019, 06:28:05 PM »

So I started this post with the promise to myself I will be patient waiting for my SR/F and not complain.  So this is not a complaint but instead some thoughts in my head. 

I am a little shocked and disappointed that this week this board didn’t light up with people getting deliveries or at least notices of shipments for their SR/Fs.  I can see this as one of three things:
1. Zero delivered a lot of them but it just happens none of the people who got it are members of this board or the Facebook group-very unlikely
2. Zero delivered a lot of them but everyone who got it is so busy enjoying riding it they have no time to post- too optimistic
3. Zero delivered ONE bike so far- very sad

The reason I am surprised is a bunch of us got a nice card 2 weeks ago saying our bike was starting production.  Now I am no expert on bike assembly but you would think if they started it when they sent the card, our bikes should be finished now unless:
1. They have the slowest assembly line on the face of the earth
2. They found some big issue that they have to fix before they ship the bikes.  I say big issue because it would be ludicrous holding all the bikes back because of a gap in the tank storage or a software bug that can be updated OTA as soon as it arrives at the dealer.
3. Some other secret god forsaken reason that Zero has chose not to share with the dealers or customers.

I am most concerned with the second one where there is a major issue.  I put a deposit on this bike immediately knowing that it is a first year model and there may be small issues.  I took Zero’s word (or its marketing department’s word) this bike has been put through torture testing  and figured they ironed out all the issues before it went into production.  This delay and lack of information has me a little uncomfortable that this may not be the case.  The problem with lack of information is that your mind naturally starts drifting to worse case scenarios. 

So at this point I know no more than last week, my dealer knows nothing and another week has past.  Here’s hoping things will get brighter next week.
Currently own: 
2020 Blue Zero SR/F Premium
2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Jarrett

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2019, 06:31:04 PM »

But comfort on an electric motorcycle is not all that important

Yeah, you're not going to be on it that long before you have to get off to charge :)  At least, that's how it is with my FX.  Ran it from 100% to 0% in 42 miles yesterday.

I think I'm just too old and fat to really enjoy the sport bike ergonomics any more.  I was ready to get off the SRF in 30 minutes, where I'm fine doing 400+ miles a day on my VFR1200X.  In fact, I'm leaving for a 1200+ mile trip on it in the morning :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7