Genre | Riding Style > Street

Almost got splatted today...

(1/2) > >>

Crissa:
A pickup truck decided to blow a red light I was stopped at today; the light had gone yellow and I wouldn't make it even if I gunned it so I just regened down to a stop and let the traffic behind me catch up (it was a ways back when I started on the brake).

This guy gunned it around the car behind me into the oncoming lane and through the intersection just as the other stopped car was about to go.

Inches from being squished!

Ugh.

-Crissa

JaimeC:
So you found a department store to get a change of underwear, then?

Crissa:
I got strawberries from the fruit stand before continuing on home.

Made for enough of a break I was safe to ride again.  Man, riding takes so much concentration that a little distraction makes my riding so much worse.

At least now my riding is good enough that a little worse isn't disastrous ^-^

-Crissa

KrazyEd:
Glad that you are safe.
I have been relatively fortunate in my riding. I started on a motorcycle, getting my licence to ride in 1969.
I believe that STARTING on a motorcycle rather than getting one later has helped. If someone pulls out and
hits your car, you have a dent. If they do the same on your motorcycle, you have broken bones.
I like my bones in one piece.

Crissa:
Yeah, tho honestly when I was a teen I rode a bicycle five miles to school (and five back) every nice day the last two years.  Which, on the edge of the Olympic peninsula, was not exactly alot of days.  So I'm used to being the smallest thing on the road.

I do wish more drivers got access to small motorcycles and e-bikes before cars.  If the licensing system encouraged it, I'd be all for it.  Studies show that drivers who have been trained as motorcycle riders are more likely to identify motorcycles even when behind the wheel.  Which should translate to being safer drivers.

-Crissa

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version