• May 04, 2024, 02:32:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Log file parser utility  (Read 10969 times)

Burton

• View Profile
Re: Log file parser utility
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2015, 08:41:02 AM »

I'm not sure if Kim needs anymore stand alone bin files.  I think what he's after now is files from people that have the Diginow Data Reaper Dongle so he can compare the input and the output.

Something tells me he doesn't even need that anymore ;)

But if he does I own a Diginow Dongle if you need more PK
All content I have created here http://bit.ly/1NX4KP9

pablogomez

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2015, 10:21:25 PM »

Should I go to my dealer and update ???

Patrick Truchon

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2015, 12:03:33 AM »

Should I go to my dealer and update ???

Have a look at this thread.
Owned:  2013 Zero DS (now dead)
Test rode:  2014 Zero S, SR, 2015 Zero FX, 2016 DSR and FXS
http://ptruchon.pagekite.me/

NoiseBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2015, 03:13:33 AM »

Took me a while but I figured out how to run the script.  Funny Story.  I downloaded the script from GitHub and sent the logs to my Fedora laptop because I don't have Python on my PC.  Ran it and kept getting an error about HTML.  I was like "What is this POS script Kim is peddling and why is it outputting to HTML".  After a while I spotted it said Line 4 so I opened the script to have a look.  I had only downloaded the script of the actual GitHub page rather than the parser script  ;D ;D  It worked fine after I downloaded the right thing. lol

Only comment is that the txt file looks great in GEdit but when I sent it to my Windoze PC it lost all the formatting.  Maybe its just a notepad thing.

The bad news is that my bike is limiting battery current quite heavily below 65% SOC.

PhreaK

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2015, 03:33:44 PM »

It's nothing you're doing wrong, welcome to the wonderful world of cross-platform line termination incompatibility. That script will dump it out in the correct format for the platform your run it on. If you shift to to another one, you'll need a text editor that handles all this messyness. I highly recommend Sublime.
2014 Zero SR

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2016, 03:19:08 AM »

Hi Kim,

Firstly, thank you for creating this utility. I've been using it a fair bit recently and have even managed to help out a couple of other folks on the forum with it too.

One thing I've noticed is that I don't seem to get the latest entries in the log file output. They seem to be a few days old at least. Have you noticed this behavior? Is it a problem with the export from the bike?

LeftieBiker

• 42 Years of Motorcycling - 13 years with EVs
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2016, 05:14:31 AM »

I have to have my logs translated into something more readable rather urgently, and Zero hasn't responded to my requests for info (see the thread '2015 Sr Demo with Multiple Errors). Can I email them to someone here for conversion?
EV Ownership:

2001 Oxygen Lepton
2008 X-Treme XM-3000
2011 ZEV 5000LA
2015 Zero SR
Too many electric bicycles to list, mostly EZIP

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2016, 08:14:44 AM »

By all means send them to me again Leftie. Somehow I missed your other topic!

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2016, 11:22:29 AM »

By the way, I got in touch with Zero to see if they would release their own tool. Worth a shot, I thought. Here is the response:

Dear Tom,

The Zero Mobile App Log Decoder is a proprietary tool that we only make available to authorized dealers and distributors. We appreciate the input about creating a web service for decoding these logs, but at the present time we encourage our owners to work with our dealers to review the details of such logs.  Our dealers and distributors are in the best position to provide support for any questions and make any necessary repairs that might come from a log review.

With kind regards,

Danny van der Horst
Logistics & After Sales Manager Europe

That's the wrong attitude, IMHO. What's the harm in making it public? Are they afraid of a flood of complaints about every single error? Surely only the most obsessive people would gripe...

LeftieBiker

• 42 Years of Motorcycling - 13 years with EVs
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2016, 12:20:46 PM »

As a counter-argument, when I emailed the first log download to Zero, I got a response saying that the info had also been sent to the dealer from whom I bought the bike. They were subsequently of very little help, with the tech there saying that the dealership just installs accessories and adjusts belts and tire pressures. (This dealership is just a very short distance from the Zero factory, BTW!) I haven't heard anything from them since the tech said the bike should be brought in, nor have I heard back from Zero about the latest logs, aside from the automated email they generate. I was also steered to a much better dealer by a member here, and while that dealer's initial email response was helpful, he ended up saying that the bike needed to be looked at, and didn't respond at all when I sent the BMS log. So while Zero's argument may work in theory, in practice it really hurts those of us who don't live near a competent dealer. If they want to keep the software proprietary, then they need to be much more responsive themselves.
EV Ownership:

2001 Oxygen Lepton
2008 X-Treme XM-3000
2011 ZEV 5000LA
2015 Zero SR
Too many electric bicycles to list, mostly EZIP

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2016, 08:32:16 PM »

It's nothing you're doing wrong, welcome to the wonderful world of cross-platform line termination incompatibility. That script will dump it out in the correct format for the platform your run it on. If you shift to to another one, you'll need a text editor that handles all this messyness. I highly recommend Sublime.
lol, yeah.

Might be worth it to add a line to change all the line breaks to CR-LF... Then it will work on any PC, Android, Linux, etc... 

Kocho

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2016, 06:57:12 AM »

When I email and parse the log file it appears it is truncated. Last entry is from half a year ago... Any ideas?
'15 Zero SR

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2016, 05:37:45 PM »

Just keep trying. I've had odd results like that. The last couple of times I tried I got some up to date entries.

Kocho

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2016, 05:39:59 PM »

Do you mean email myself the logs again first or just parse them again?
'15 Zero SR

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2016, 05:42:36 PM »

Oh, sorry, just keep exporting and emailing. I have a suspicion that the bike continues from the last time the logs were exported up to 128k of data. Worth trying and do please let us know if you get more recent entries next time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7