• May 19, 2024, 12:23:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Energica will be Plug & Play at Tesla Superchargers?  (Read 840 times)

Specter

• View Profile
Re: Energica will be Plug & Play at Tesla Superchargers?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2024, 03:44:36 AM »

Commodire, I had that red triangle thing too after a charge.  I think it's a software bug, as it seems to just come in occasionally, but clear after a power cycle.  From what I have seen, it will generally clear itself but worse case, you get the Energica EQ of the check engine light, if the problem was just a glitch it will clear itself in 5 power on / off's .

Aaron

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2024, 04:36:15 AM »

All,

I had a plug and play experience (Update 43 on Experia) at a local Supercharger.  I did have the Tesla ap on my phone, and communication between the phone, charger, and Experia were fine.

Minor glitch afterwards - red warning triangle lit up on dash after starting.  Shut it off and restarted and light went off.  Lit up the next day, but has been off for weeks since.  I think this may have happened because I plugged in before shutting off the ignition.

Get it while you can - with Musk's insanity, you never know.  One good thing about the Tesla diaspora - staff will certainly be able to help other EV companies - ignoring their NDA's!
I opened the photo to larger and I could see the Magic Dock adapter. Is that the Scotts Valley location?

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Commodore

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2024, 04:50:54 AM »

Thanks, Aaron, and no, Don, this is upstate NY.  I don't own a Tesla, so set up my account for other vehicles, 2024 Experia.  So when I pulled up to the Supercharger and pressed the button for the CCS connector, the dock released it without a problem.  This site does not show up as a MagicDock, just a Supercharger.

Commodore

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2024, 05:01:40 AM »

Ahh did a little research - the Magic Dock is just the plug that can charge Tesla or other vehicles.  Plugshare does not seem to differentiate them.

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2024, 05:06:41 AM »

Or did you manage to get it to work with a Tesla to CCS adapter (which I don't think is possible with the 43 FW) on a non-Magic Dock?

Man you *really* just don't want to believe me when I tell you that cannot happen until Tesla opens up their network.

Ahh did a little research - the Magic Dock is just the plug that can charge Tesla or other vehicles.  Plugshare does not seem to differentiate them.

It does. https://www.plugshare.com/map/tesla-ccs-locations
« Last Edit: May 06, 2024, 05:08:57 AM by MVetter »

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2024, 05:40:43 AM »

Man you *really* just don't want to believe me when I tell you that cannot happen until Tesla opens up their network.
I really don't want to believe anybody about such bad news. But thanks for the bad news anyway, as you were to first to explain to me that it wouldn't work. Notice in the above message I did say "I didn't think it was possible."  Besides, as you know, I already have a couple of Tesla SC to CCS adapters and I tried the Tesla V4 SC in Sparks, NV and it didn't work.

And I hear there are two reasons, Tesla has to has to open theirs up (the V3 & V4 that does NOT have Magic Dock) and the vehicle itself will need an update. Perhaps that will be Energica's V 44, someday.

Magic Dock obviously does it much differently, it's more than just an adapter that fits. Now I have a question for you . . .

If I use a Tesla Supercharger that provides Magic Dock, but I use my own adapter instead, will it work?  I assume NOT, unless there is a way to remove their adapter and use mine. IOW, "charge your non-Tesla" does a lot more than only provide an adapter.

-Don-  Auburn, CA

1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2024, 07:23:23 AM »

And I hear there are two reasons, Tesla has to has to open theirs up (the V3 & V4 that does NOT have Magic Dock) and the vehicle itself will need an update. Perhaps that will be Energica's V 44, someday.

I don't think the vehicle will need an update but I can't confirm. Rumor has it Stefano and crew have been seen meeting at top secret R&D charging labs to ensure full compatibility.

If I use a Tesla Supercharger that provides Magic Dock, but I use my own adapter instead, will it work?  I assume NOT, unless there is a way to remove their adapter and use mine. IOW, "charge your non-Tesla" does a lot more than only provide an adapter.

Actually that *does* work. Daren tested it at a SoCal Magic Dock station. Used the A2Z adapter and it worked perfectly.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2024, 10:57:32 AM »

I don't think the vehicle will need an update but I can't confirm.
  Fords needed an update. I know that as a fact as many tried to charge on the first couple of days that Tesla said they were open, and they wouldn't charge. Then they discovered the update was needed. I think it was done OTA, but that I am not sure about.

I assume from that, it was the same with Rivian.

Rumor has it Stefano and crew have been seen meeting at top secret R&D charging labs to ensure full compatibility.
Let's hope that is true, but then we will (most likely, IMO) need that FW version 44.

Actually that *does* work. Daren tested it at a SoCal Magic Dock station. Used the A2Z adapter and it worked perfectly.
Interesting. I wonder what the difference is between those V3s and other Tesla V3 superchargers.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X