• May 08, 2024, 03:17:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Experia CenterStand  (Read 3525 times)

most

• View Profile
Re: Experia CenterStand
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2024, 12:32:36 AM »

There is no such things as reliable answers when it comes to availability of ANYTHING related to Energica.
At least I can still see the center stand in the configurator.

Latest info is April 2024, reported by two different dealers in Germany. A third dealer (actually my local dealer) does not make a statement.
Experia - see also my videos
Consumption:

weck

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2024, 03:13:12 AM »

There is no such things as reliable answers when it comes to availability of ANYTHING related to Energica.
At least I can still see the center stand in the configurator.

Latest info is April 2024, reported by two different dealers in Germany. A third dealer (actually my local dealer) does not make a statement.

Interesting that the option is still in you market.  It's gone from the US site configurator, replaced with the Headstock stand and rear stand/bobbins options.  Fingers crossed eventually....

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2024, 07:24:22 PM »

Cant a center stand from another similar bike be put on somehow?  I know other parts are somewhat interchangeable, a kick stand, essentially does not sound like such a 'model only' type of part.

If they are having issues getting them, I don't see why they can't just contract out with a local manufacturer in the USA to make the parts there,  here's a plan, make us some!  I know here in Florida there are many welding and other fab shops that do this very thing for real cheap too.  Just had a custom rack made for my trailer for the solar panels and it was only a few hundred bucks, metal / labor included.  If you were to order say 100 punched out or whatever components, I can't see it being stupid expensive.  While they may not make a ton of money off it, just the customer satisfaction aspect would be worth a ton more IMO.  or just contract with a 3rd party.  I know the NE Energica shop is coming out with a new suspension kit for them soon, so there ARE people who will do the R&D and do aftermarket stuff to support it.

Aaron

weck

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2024, 11:50:00 PM »

Cant a center stand from another similar bike be put on somehow?  I know other parts are somewhat interchangeable, a kick stand, essentially does not sound like such a 'model only' type of part.

If they are having issues getting them, I don't see why they can't just contract out with a local manufacturer in the USA to make the parts there,  here's a plan, make us some!  I know here in Florida there are many welding and other fab shops that do this very thing for real cheap too.  Just had a custom rack made for my trailer for the solar panels and it was only a few hundred bucks, metal / labor included.  If you were to order say 100 punched out or whatever components, I can't see it being stupid expensive.  While they may not make a ton of money off it, just the customer satisfaction aspect would be worth a ton more IMO.  or just contract with a 3rd party.  I know the NE Energica shop is coming out with a new suspension kit for them soon, so there ARE people who will do the R&D and do aftermarket stuff to support it.

Aaron

That's plan B... probably easier to have one fabbed versus trying to find a part from another bike that would work without having access to all the dimensions.  My dealer already suggested that option last year.  I

TF104

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2024, 12:01:37 AM »

I wonder if it’s an engineering issue?  Is there any structure under there to attach one to?

most

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2024, 12:17:45 AM »

Fixing points are already present.

My wildest guess is that this probably might be an European Community regulatory issue. I really don’t know but wouldn’t be surprised if it requires some type of homologation. Just imagine the weld structure breaks and the bike falls over… worst case someone get hurt. In that process it is not too unusual that there are concerns from the authorities that require updating the design and subsequently new product validation. So Energica has to reach out for the supplier again and again for new samples. So this homologation & testing ping-pong takes longer than anticipated.

But as stated this is just pure speculation…
Consumption:

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2024, 05:50:09 AM »

A weld can break on a regular stand too.  If it's stamped, no welds, just a bolt and a spring. but I totally get your point, Bureaucracy is insane, non intuitive, non intelligent, non productive in most countries, AND of course, that makes it government sponsored !  :D

But they DID have one at one time, did they not?  wonder what changed if anything to make them have to re evaluate it.  Maybe the company went under that makes the stands and new part / new manu has to be recertified?

really wish they'd make one available.

Aaron

most

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2024, 10:45:15 AM »

Well I do not remember seeing one in real life. However, it is illustrated in the configurator. I really can’t tell whether this is a very good rendering or nicely photoshopped pictures.
I could think of two reasons why it is still available as an option on their EC site and according to weck IS NOT available on the US site: (i) they simply messed up the options and it it totally random  or (ii) it was deliberately removed because something is different in the US that makes Energica believe they’d better remove it.
Consumption:

Motoproponent

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2024, 10:48:01 PM »

IN the US configurator there is no mention of the center stand, but it is shown in the picture if you select the "City Pack" configuration. A few weeks ago I talked to the parts guy at my local dealership. He was able to look it up and give me a price. I'll check back in this weekend and probably actually order one if it's available.
"Life is a deathbound train"

2024 Energica Experia
@motoproponent on Youtube

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2024, 02:35:57 AM »

IN the US configurator there is no mention of the center stand, but it is shown in the picture if you select the "City Pack" configuration. A few weeks ago I talked to the parts guy at my local dealership. He was able to look it up and give me a price. I'll check back in this weekend and probably actually order one if it's available.

I ordered and paid for one when I bought my Experia in Feb last year...so 12 months ago, still no news of when it will be delivered.

Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2024, 07:43:49 AM »

N the US configurator there is no mention of the center stand, but it is shown in the picture if you select the "City Pack" configuration. A few weeks ago I talked to the parts guy at my local dealership. He was able to look it up and give me a price. I'll check back in this weekend and probably actually order one if it's available.

I ordered and paid for one when I bought my Experia in Feb last year...so 12 months ago, still no news of when it will be delivered.

Smithy.
I have it paid for also, but with AF1-racing.  Along with the crash bars for my 2017 Zero SR.

Both paid for on May 14, 2023.

The ETA on the Zero Crash bars is:  17, AUG 2023 (not yet received).--$250.00

The ETA on the 2023 Energica Experia Centerstand is 14, July 2023 (also not yet received).--$231.00

I can view both orders on-line.

I have no idea what the problems are at Zero as well as Energica.

-Don-   Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

PWM

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2024, 09:32:01 AM »

For the longest time BMW had center stands figured out to where one could take a /6 or/7 and spin it on a dime by pulling back onto one contact point of the center stand...

Them little hardpoint ears on the energica motor casting used for center-stand pivot will snap-right-off if one were to try the same.

Energica will solve it w/ added bracketry...maybe...if it doesn't look right it usually isn't right...
BMW eK75 Conversion (Retired)
Energica EVA Ribelle (Black Frame Matters)

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2024, 05:25:23 AM »

Maybe just weld a little plate of steel, say 2 inches wide by 3/8 inch thick, or whatever, by whatever to go from frame side to frame side and put a tapped hole in there to mount a center stand.

I wish there was a way to center stand my Ribelle,  make life a hell of a lot easier trying to get it up on paddocks when it's sitting sort of upright and not gimping over to the side like a kickstand does to it.

Aaron

most

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2024, 10:52:56 AM »

Just found recent picture of a main stand on the Dutch site https://electricmotorcycles.nl/. Well actually that section is about something else very interesting - decent crash bars!
I have contacted Marchel for more details and will share it here!
Consumption:

Zekoslav_Mrkva

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2024, 11:33:38 PM »

Just found recent picture of a main stand on the Dutch site https://electricmotorcycles.nl/. Well actually that section is about something else very interesting - decent crash bars!
I have contacted Marchel for more details and will share it here!

Apparently, the Netherlands' Special Enforcement Officers (BOA/Handhaving in Dutch) just received a batch of Experias with these crash bars, and from the photos, center stands as well):

https://www.ruetir.com/2024/01/24/boas-020-arrive-silently-on-site-with-a-new-addition/
2024 Energica Experia
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4