• May 07, 2024, 07:13:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Experia CenterStand  (Read 3523 times)

DonTom

• View Profile
Re: Experia CenterStand
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2024, 11:48:08 PM »

Just found recent picture of a main stand on the Dutch site https://electricmotorcycles.nl/. Well actually that section is about something else very interesting - decent crash bars!
I have contacted Marchel for more details and will share it here!

Apparently, the Netherlands' Special Enforcement Officers (BOA/Handhaving in Dutch) just received a batch of Experias with these crash bars, and from the photos, center stands as well):

https://www.ruetir.com/2024/01/24/boas-020-arrive-silently-on-site-with-a-new-addition/
I see they also  have crash bars. First I have seen such for an Experia.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Commodore

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2024, 02:04:59 AM »

Interesting also the rear crashbar design precludes the use of side cases.  C'mon Energica I want a Center Stand!  My tires will be our of round soon!

i.ngma.r

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2024, 09:46:18 PM »

Good Lord, how ugly can one design crash bars. I guess they stick out this wide to protect the handlebars as well, but please come on….

most

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2024, 04:56:40 AM »

Got feedback from Marchel a while ago: „Talk to your dealer.“
And that I did again, with the link above, asking him how Energica could equip that dealer but not him. He was eager to find that out and got the answer that Energica shipped prototype main stands to the Dutch dealer because he is realizing a number of Experias for the Police and HAD to add center stands. However that lot of center stands was not intended for public use.
That might also explain why those crash bars are protruding that far off the bike.
Have you ever seen BMW R1250RT for Police? Their crash bars are ugly as hell, too - but also protruding far off the silhouette. It might be a requirement coming from the officials…

Bottom line: Those are not for sale. No hint on when the final center stand will be available…
Experia - see also my videos
Consumption:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]