• May 07, 2024, 10:29:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Seat alternatives  (Read 1346 times)

wadejesu

• View Profile
Seat alternatives
« on: November 10, 2023, 10:25:05 PM »

Anybody indulge ? I'm thinking about it.

https://www.corbin.com/energica/erib20.shtml

SwampNut

• View Profile
Re: Seat alternatives
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2023, 10:31:32 PM »

That's a very weird looking seat.  I don't have an Energica, but I had Corbin on a CBR1100XX, and loved it.  It was in a more traditional shape and position.  It was the difference between discomfort in an hour and outright pain in two, versus four hours and not caring to stop.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2023, 01:17:58 AM »

Looks really sweet, but I havent really noticed any issues with my seat TBH.  Im a short shit so maybe that helps a bit, I honestly have no valid input but on that seat, yah I would not mind it.

I inquired before if there were any other seats / windshields for the bike.

if you get it, please let us know how you like it,  yah I am interested now

Aaron

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2023, 02:57:44 AM »

Anybody indulge ? I'm thinking about it.

https://www.corbin.com/energica/erib20.shtml

I have the "E-One" Corbin seat on my Experia....much improved comfort over the OEM seat....which I found terribly hard and unforgiving on my boney ar$e.

Smithy.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 04:50:52 AM by smithy »
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.

wadejesu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2023, 03:36:26 AM »

How long did it take to receive it?, Ordered mine today.

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2023, 03:04:13 AM »

How long did it take to receive it?, Ordered mine today.

I ordered mine essentially as soon as I got the bike back in Feb '23... and with the bike being so new there weren't many Expeiras about...so getting a bike to use as a test piece was very difficult for them. I believe mine was the very first "customer unit" made and had to be made to order, then shipped to Australia, I understand they're a "colaboration" between E-One and Corbin so it took about 6 weeks or so, (if they have them in stock it should be much quicker). Contact with Steve from E-One is excellent and communcation was never an issue....he kept me in the loop with Mike Corbin and we spoke back and forth often about minor fitting issues and my colour, fabric choices etc....excellent service IMHO.

The seat fits perfectly and although very firm, is very comfortable after just shy of 15k km of use. They also gave me the "heated" version at no extra cost, which was a bonus.....not that I need it here in Sunny Brisbane, Australia....we rarely see single figure temps C even in the middle of winter.

They're a one piece unit rather than the two piece OEM seat on the Experia.

Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2023, 09:45:43 AM »

How does the heated version plug in and power on/off

Aaron

SwampNut

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2023, 09:13:47 PM »

They have a switch on the side, near the bottom/middle of the seat, basically under your ass.  They have a variety of plug options, I had one with a generic SAE male, and one that came with the BMW Powerlet.  In your case you'd have to find a 12v source.  My Zero has an SAE plug right under the seat, stock.  Do you have anything like that on your bike?

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2023, 09:39:00 PM »

Chiming in to say I'm very happy with my SS9 seat. Honestly I was pleased with the stock one but I will confidently say, as long as you're not wanting to carry passengers, the Corbin one is better. Grippier material, a little support behind you, and it looks sharp. So I like mine. Would recommend.

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2023, 03:06:39 PM »

@wadejesu: Thank you for pointing that out! I really love the look of that seat!
Maybe I am a ninny, but I would like to have a seat heating. 8)

Wouldn't it be cool, if the rear 'hump' would be designed as a zip compartment to store small items like charge card, USB cable and such?

For all the customizing alternatives the price seems not bad, but as far as I understood you have to send in your original seat first.
I found that Corbin has a distributor here in Germany. I will ask them about that.

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2023, 03:09:24 PM »

For all the customizing alternatives the price seems not bad, but as far as I understood you have to send in your original seat first.
I found that Corbin has a distributor here in Germany. I will ask them about that.

Because they've built the molds there is no reason for them to need your original seat.

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2023, 04:05:58 PM »

Thanks for pointing that out, I misinterpreted the website's info.

SwampNut

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2023, 10:38:14 PM »

Wouldn't it be cool, if the rear 'hump' would be designed as a zip compartment to store small items like charge card, USB cable and such?

I had that, the passenger seat was replaced by a lockable fiberglass cowl.  I think it might have been from Sargent?  Just not sure.  It was short-lived on my bike.  I was much younger then, and the ability to pick up a random girl was more important than carrying things at the time.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2023, 04:56:28 AM »

So you pick up the girl and have her hold your stuff.  Best of both worlds !!

How many watts does the seat need to heat you?  The energica does have a 12 volt rail which can be used for the heated hand grips, but I am wondering if the converter that does the 300 volt to 12 volt, how many amps can it take.  Would it be able to handle handgrips AND the seat too?

Aaron

SwampNut

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2023, 05:01:40 AM »

So you pick up the girl and have her hold your stuff.  Best of both worlds !!

Usually I wanted her hands elsewhere. 

For the power question, look at what fuse is on the 12v supply for your bike.  Mine is 10A and 14v, so 140 watts.  I would imagine that the Corbin site has their power requirements.
Pages: [1] 2 3