• May 08, 2024, 12:36:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: FW version 43  (Read 2654 times)

Specter

• View Profile
Re: FW version 43
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2024, 12:45:12 AM »

The Experia owners would be the ones who would be first in line to get this upgrade as their bike had the most issues to correct.  The rest of their line, the upgrade is more house cleaning and niceties, rather than important fixes since the other models are doing rather well and have not had any major issues come up with them.

If you own an Experia, id definitely get the upgrade, any other bike, don't lose sleep over it and get it next time you happen to be by the dealership, unless you have been having difficulties with DC fast charge.

Aaron

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2024, 02:29:13 AM »

The Experia owners would be the ones who would be first in line to get this upgrade as their bike had the most issues to correct.  The rest of their line, the upgrade is more house cleaning and niceties, rather than important fixes since the other models are doing rather well and have not had any major issues come up with them.

If you own an Experia, id definitely get the upgrade, any other bike, don't lose sleep over it and get it next time you happen to be by the dealership, unless you have been having difficulties with DC fast charge.

Aaron

Had my Experia updated a couple of months ago, I no longer get the "key not in range" issue and I actually get slightly better range than before the update. It has sorted a few niggles and the system seems a little less "clunky". I've not tried a DC fast charge since the update though.

Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2024, 03:06:02 AM »

Had my Experia updated a couple of months ago, I no longer get the "key not in range" issue and I actually get slightly better range than before the update. It has sorted a few niggles and the system seems a little less "clunky". I've not tried a DC fast charge since the update though.

Smithy.
I will get mine done ASAP, but it is the middle of winter here and I have to get my Experia on the opposite side of the snowy summit. And after I do, I will update my comparisons of the Zero DSR/X Vs Experia. The main issue with the Experia was the countless bugs. I think it will prove to be a great bike without the bugs. I will have to first get the FW update and then ride it a few hundred miles. It could become my favorite bike of all 11 by summer with the new CCS charge locations at places such as Portola and Coleville, CA if all the bugs are gone. I will also use a Tesla Super Charge with Magic Dock on it. Last time I tried it, it worked but at 8 KW max.

I think I heard here there is also an update for bugs in the Zero DSR/X. But I only have one question about that. What bugs? I have yet to notice even one bug with my Zero DSR/x. I think it's best I do NOT update it. Why fix something that works perfectly?  That could be asking for trouble.

But my Experia is full of bugs.    So it needs to be updated.

-Don-  Reno, NV

1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

PWM

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2024, 05:52:56 AM »

Had my Experia updated a couple of months ago, I no longer get the "key not in range" issue...

Smithy.

Can anyone w/ an Eva series and has updated to FW43 confirm this is true?
BMW eK75 Conversion (Retired)
Energica EVA Ribelle (Black Frame Matters)

szczur333

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2024, 02:12:55 PM »

One thing I have noticed is that the bike is VERY sensitive to the cable being plugged in FULLY and TIGHTLY.   Those CCS cables are heavy.  Make sure it is absolutely flush and it clicks.  I hear two clicks on my bike and then I know the cable IS fully seated.  The charger face flexes a bit when I am trying to get the cable in snug so you may hear the metal pop when it flexes, but there is a definite click of the connector and the pin saying ok im in. 

If you are having problems getting the bike to start charging, sometimes it won't show anything, it'll just sit there doing nothing and annoy you, try wiggling the cable a bit, pressing down HARD to make sure it's seated fully and flush.

yes, happened to me several times so if plug seems wobbly or something I am trying to hold plug/cable while starting charging from app - but this is not a case with my situation - always I have problem with this provider (with tesla 3 no problem or AC)

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2024, 08:07:10 PM »

Had my Experia updated a couple of months ago, I no longer get the "key not in range" issue and I actually get slightly better range than before the update.
I doubt if your range was affected. It will still take the same amount of power to move the same bike at the same speed and conditions.

But perhaps the update changed the SOC% calibration and makes it seem like slightly more range.

To really know if your range has increased, you will have to ride it from a full charge until the bike goes dead, before and after. the update.   And all the conditions, speeds etc., have to be the exact same. Makes it very difficult to prove.

FWIW, I find electric motorcycles usually average around 7 miles / 11KM per useable KWH with average normal riding.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2024, 12:38:03 AM »

PWM i still get the Key not in range error once in a while, however it is nowhere near as often as it used to be.  You do have to remember that there is a lot of other crap that radiates that CAN interfere with the keyfob and the bike.  That's part of the, I want to say the Class "C" rules, the FCC puts out for devices like that, it can NOT cause any interference itself,  yet has to basically suck it up buttercup, when interference is caused to it.  Hell, someone's phone broadcasting looking for open wifi's can potentially mess with it too.

A bank with an older alarm system, or an old ass Sysco router pounding at a watt and a half, can easily overwhelm the signal the keyfob is putting out, thru your pocket and leather jacket so the bike does not see it anymore, and while the alarm is annoying, it actually IS legit.

I would also assume solar activity can probably play as well, it's messing with GPS and some other stuff lately.

Aaron

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2024, 01:00:19 AM »

Had my Experia updated a couple of months ago, I no longer get the "key not in range" issue and I actually get slightly better range than before the update.
I doubt if your range was affected. It will still take the same amount of power to move the same bike at the same speed and conditions.

But perhaps the update changed the SOC% calibration and makes it seem like slightly more range.

To really know if your range has increased, you will have to ride it from a full charge until the bike goes dead, before and after. the update.   And all the conditions, speeds etc., have to be the exact same. Makes it very difficult to prove.

FWIW, I find electric motorcycles usually average around 7 miles / 11KM per useable KWH with average normal riding.

-Don-  Reno, NV

Agreed....I'm just going off my normal commute to work which I do every day....same route, same time/conditions etc...I used to get to work with ~78-79% SOC remaining...then after the .43 update....it now reads ~80-81% SOC remaining for the same route... You may be right though, a "recalibration" of the SOC% could be all it is.

Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2024, 03:30:41 AM »

smithy, that's interesting, because in my case Im seeing actually less range, but then again, ive transitioned from summer to winter here so that just may be the cooler temps hitting the battery.

I don't know if this would have anything to do with it but they also claimed to have corrected the speedometer error in 43 as well.  I have not verified this yet with GPS is the only reason I say claimed.  With that being said, those who tweaked their sprocket teeth to do the same thing here, it might be off now.

That might be a nice thing to add to their software, a place for you to input your teeth so that it can do the math properly for when people DO tweak their bikes for performance etc etc.  Of course they'd have to have a south of the mason dixon line variable, that automatically subtracts 3 teeth :D

Aaron

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2024, 07:31:56 AM »

Agreed....I'm just going off my normal commute to work which I do every day....same route, same time/conditions etc...I used to get to work with ~78-79% SOC remaining...then after the .43 update....it now reads ~80-81% SOC remaining for the same route... You may be right though, a "recalibration" of the SOC% could be all it is.Smithy.
Is it warmer there now than when it was before the FW update?  That too could explain it.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2024, 09:05:17 AM »

Agreed....I'm just going off my normal commute to work which I do every day....same route, same time/conditions etc...I used to get to work with ~78-79% SOC remaining...then after the .43 update....it now reads ~80-81% SOC remaining for the same route... You may be right though, a "recalibration" of the SOC% could be all it is.Smithy.
Is it warmer there now than when it was before the FW update?  That too could explain it.

-Don-  Reno, NV

It's always warm here Don. Even in the middle of winter it rarely gets to single figures in degrees C. So it rarely gets below 10C or 50F. But does get very toasty in the summer though...40+C is a common occurrence in these parts.

Smithy.

szczur333

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2024, 10:46:06 PM »

got bike today, ride back to home 260km

3-4 times suddenly regen was completly off  (randomly)

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2024, 12:59:24 AM »

I don't know if this would have anything to do with it but they also claimed to have corrected the speedometer error in 43 as well.Aaron

As far as I can tell, speedo is unchanged...I still get the same GPS readings vs speedo readings as I did prior to the .43 update. My speedo is very close to correct now since I fitted a 16t front sprocket to my Experia....it's within +/-1kmh of GPS reading.

Smithy.

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2024, 01:01:42 AM »

got bike today, ride back to home 260km

3-4 times suddenly regen was completly off  (randomly)

Which bike..?? Year model etc..?? I'm assuming you had the .43 update and it's now different..??

Smithy.

Motoproponent

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2024, 10:09:15 PM »

is 43 still the latest and greatest? is there a 43.1 or something?
"Life is a deathbound train"

2024 Energica Experia
@motoproponent on Youtube
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4