• May 07, 2024, 05:22:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: FW version 43  (Read 2650 times)

szczur333

• View Profile
Re: FW version 43
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2024, 11:10:53 PM »

got bike today, ride back to home 260km

3-4 times suddenly regen was completly off  (randomly)

Which bike..?? Year model etc..?? I'm assuming you had the .43 update and it's now different..??

Smithy.

ss9+ 2020
I bought demo in may 2022 (800km odo)

I made 18000km in one year and BATTERY/BMS failed - after dealer sent bike to energica it turned out it was BMS readings fail - they fix it under warranty also flash this new firmware

I lost regen 3-4 times but all was in the city - agressive riding - never happened to me before - regen slightly works but under 20kmh speed

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2024, 11:44:05 PM »

There are a lot of things that could cause your regen to appear to be lost.
The Bikes main concern is keeping you safe and the wheels pointing down.

What was the temperature out?  What was the road condition, and weather conditions out.

How aggressive?  If you are doing 100 plus MPH sometimes regen will seem sluggish because of the sheer energy you are trying to put back in and if you are on a rough road, not necessarily banging your ass all over the place but a rougher surface and the tire starts studdering and skipping across it, the ABS will take your regen out to try to keep the wheel from what it sees as locking up.

I have had on cold days, my regen go to hell, and wondered WTF, and upon research figured because it was so cold out, the tires were cold too and skidding a bit along the shitty roads we have here.  They are old and the surface is very rough, not a lot of traction and all it takes is a little slip and it'll kick right in.  Warm tires that are squishy can grip that road, tires that are at 38 degrees, not so much.

when you finally slow down enough that there is not such a demand on your hard slippery tire, it grips and then the regen will kick back in because it feels the grip.

Ive  experimented with the regen a lot, wondering why sometimes when I hit it full it's really wanting to push me thru the windshield and other times it feels like it's barely on medium setting.  After a few weeks and a lot of notes,  yes, road surface plays a lot, and I came to the conclusion it's all about traction.

Cold and or crappy roads make a huge difference.

Aaron

szczur333

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2024, 12:12:38 AM »

as I said - I made 18000km and never has this issue before - I also ride with almost NO TIRE thread so wheel spinning all the time and regen still works

2 days ago wheel spinning but regen was off completly unitl i turn off bike and turn on again

I will try to record it next time

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2024, 05:24:33 AM »

why would you have no tire tread?   Also what is your traction control if you have it / use it, set at?  and is ABS on and working?

Aaron

szczur333

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2024, 05:52:59 AM »

why would you have no tire tread?   Also what is your traction control if you have it / use it, set at?  and is ABS on and working?

Aaron

I mean by this - rear tire was worn out completly - and at launch or agressive riding rear tire spin a lot and I never saw regen off - now I have almost new tire

TC ON on LVL 02
abs ON

same settings for last 6months of riding

I think I can replicate that but maybe next week when it will be dry on streets

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2024, 02:35:36 AM »

Aaron

I mean by this - rear tire was worn out completly - and at launch or agressive riding rear tire spin a lot and I never saw regen off - now I have almost new tire

TC ON on LVL 02
abs ON

same settings for last 6months of riding

I think I can replicate that but maybe next week when it will be dry on streets

If T/C is on, you will not spin the rear tyre under acceleration.

Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2024, 03:47:02 AM »

+1 what he said, you may briefly burp it but your dash will light red and power will cut almost immediately to stop that spin.  I have mine set I believe it's 3, midway, at times I may hop the front wheel a little bit, but as soon as the bike even thinks im getting ready to do a wheelie, OR if I 'chirp' the back wheel, it immediately cuts down the power and acceleration until it feels the roads are normal again.

If your tire is worn out and slick, when dry and on a cleaner / nicer road,  it will get great traction.  That is why they use slicks on the race track.  Now throw in a little sand, a little grit, a little moisture on the road and it'll start sliding on a wad of spit, and your T/C and ABS will have a field day with you.  Temperature dropping 10 degrees can play a huge part in your TC and / or ABS kicking in as well, as cold tires slide a lot more.  TRUST ME, I have an almost soiled pair of pants I can send you for verification that tires will slide a LOT easier when cold !!  ;D

The job of ABS / TC is to keep you safe, and there are a lot of things that can affect it and set it off.  It's hard to tell you, ok THIS caused your problem w/o being there at the time to see all what was going on, as it could have been a combo of things that set it off too.

As for the regen staying off, and you having to cycle power.  There is nothing that I can think of that would cause your bike to do that purposely, EXCEPT for you having a freshly charged battery that was over 95 percent full.  It may have just been a coincidence.

If your battery is above 95 percent charged, your regen may be turned off, or severely dampened because there is nowhere for it to put the power from the regen, so you must use brakes instead.

Aaron

Ashveratu

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2024, 11:22:53 PM »

This may have been mentioned before, when fully charged, regen is disabled until the battery is discharged enough to accept regen energy.
2022 Energica Esseesse 9 RS Bormio Ice
2018 Tesla Model 3 Metallic Red wrap (Black) LR AWD

2020 Harley Livewire Fusion Yellow (traded in)
2014 Brammo Empulse in Yellow (Sold)
2013 Zero S 11.4 - Black (returned to Zero)

szczur333

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2024, 12:36:35 AM »

advantage - i have keyless - now bike is boot faster

most

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2024, 11:02:30 AM »

is 43 still the latest and greatest? is there a 43.1 or something?
In a Facebook post Robert R Swartz mentioned just two around end of Jan 2024: “there is another that just came out and it is still the same number.”
My Experia got .43 in December and is currently at the dealer for some other work. I made him aware that there seems to be a newer FW.43 with the same number - he replied all he sees is the .43. So maybe / maybe not…  :o  :o
Experia - see also my videos
Consumption:

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2024, 03:59:31 PM »

They must label the firmware numbers with a 43.0, 43.1, 43.2 or the like if indeed they do make changes.  Otherwise how would the factory even know what file they are using?

most

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2024, 04:36:36 PM »

They must ...

I'm sure they have internal means to differentiate. I'm less sure if and how a dealer can tell the difference, but even that I do believe. However, looks like they chose NOT to make this transparent. This is not too uncommon if this is only a small update.

Anyway this is unconfirmed rumor based on one FB quote - however it is a very educated and well informed source.
Experia - see also my videos
Consumption:

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2024, 06:11:07 PM »

Not  totally sure but I think it's a law that they have to label, even a tiny patch with an updated number, even if it's just correcting a typo or minor glitch.  Part of this would be safety reasons, ie if a recall comes for example, so one knows if they are in that group or not.

The dealer would of course know as they should have access to notes etc that us normies would not normally see. 
If it's just a cosmetic, or a non performance issue  they may not make the upgrade public ie  43.0.01  but all you see is 43  or 43.0 but they'll be able to see that themselves.

Aaron

szczur333

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2024, 09:16:00 PM »

advantage - i have keyless - now bike is boot faster

another thing with keyless (WITHOUT KEY)

OLD FIRMWARE - pressing power button shortly - nothing happen, pressing power button LONG (25-35s or so) then bike start and asking for PIN

NEW FIRMWARE - pressing power button shortly - bike light up logo on LCD but after 2-3s tells KEY NOT IN RANGE and OFF, pressing power button and HOLDING it till MAIN SCREEN LOGO goes to PIN screen (total maybe 15s)

so its definanetly quicker than before, but i dont know its really good thing - now when I leave bike unattended and if someone will passing by and want to mess with bike can push button and bike will light up - before 20-30s without key till boot was OK I think

oobflyer

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2024, 11:16:56 PM »

I got V43 on my ‘21 Ribelle about 1 month ago (Feb 8th).
Now I can charge at the Tesla Magic Dock stations (charged at 23 kW in Placerville).
It also now works at the BP Pulse stations (didn’t before).
It also now supports EVgo’s Plug&Charge feature (didn’t before).
It had no effect on the key fob detection (unfortunately).

As someone who enjoys long rides this is a significant improvement.
I have not seen any downside/new bugs as of yet.
2021 Energica Ribelle, 2015 Zero SR, 2012 Zero ZF9, 2007 Vectrix VX-1 Li+, 2012 Nissan Leaf, 2018 Nissan Leaf, 2020 Nissan Leaf, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4