• May 07, 2024, 11:45:39 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: FW version 43  (Read 2648 times)

szczur333

• View Profile
Re: FW version 43
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2024, 01:48:52 PM »

There are a lot of things that could cause your regen to appear to be lost.
The Bikes main concern is keeping you safe and the wheels pointing down.

What was the temperature out?  What was the road condition, and weather conditions out.

How aggressive?  If you are doing 100 plus MPH sometimes regen will seem sluggish because of the sheer energy you are trying to put back in and if you are on a rough road, not necessarily banging your ass all over the place but a rougher surface and the tire starts studdering and skipping across it, the ABS will take your regen out to try to keep the wheel from what it sees as locking up.

I have had on cold days, my regen go to hell, and wondered WTF, and upon research figured because it was so cold out, the tires were cold too and skidding a bit along the shitty roads we have here.  They are old and the surface is very rough, not a lot of traction and all it takes is a little slip and it'll kick right in.  Warm tires that are squishy can grip that road, tires that are at 38 degrees, not so much.

when you finally slow down enough that there is not such a demand on your hard slippery tire, it grips and then the regen will kick back in because it feels the grip.

Ive  experimented with the regen a lot, wondering why sometimes when I hit it full it's really wanting to push me thru the windshield and other times it feels like it's barely on medium setting.  After a few weeks and a lot of notes,  yes, road surface plays a lot, and I came to the conclusion it's all about traction.

Cold and or crappy roads make a huge difference.

Aaron

I am back with more news.

red light only at top of dash (no regen) are completly random - I made trip week ago (1200km 2 days - regen off situation happened maybe twice) - I have break for few days and for example yesterday I got regen off while I am start riding (had to stop and turn off/turn on), after 10km I stopped for shopping, back in 10minutes and same situation - regen off - wtf

as I said SoC doesnt matter bcoz it was 60-70%, also there was no tire spinning or something like that

today 200km ride - will see

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2024, 04:24:57 AM »

The red lights at top of dash could also be your traction control kicking in.  If you hit a bump, it doesn't even have to be a big one, or a washboard type of road and it's lumpy, they'll turn on momentarily as you bump along, especially if it's colder out and the tires are more prone to jump / bounce off road instead of flex and absorb it. 

You could also have a buggy update install as well, which would really suck.  What mode / number is your traction control and ABS in just out of curiosity.

Aaron

Demoni

• Global Moderator
  • Energica Service Manager
    • View Profile
    • Energica
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2024, 11:41:46 AM »

red light only at top of dash (no regen) are completely random -

Please refer to the "dashboard" section of your owner's manual. Those red lights indicate one of the safety systems is being activated: ABS, eABS or TC

From the manual
The intervention of the eABS
system is indicated by the activation of the red LED
indicators to the right and left of the motor power indicator.
This indicator is also activated by the Traction Control system in
case of loss of grip under acceleration, and by the ABS system in
case of loss of grip under braking.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]