• May 07, 2024, 02:47:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: It's finally here!  (Read 4053 times)

Specter

• View Profile
Re: It's finally here!
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2024, 07:33:13 AM »

Ok how do you imbed the picture instead of attaching it, it's not working right for me.
Aaron

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2024, 07:08:00 PM »

Pard,next time you come down to Fla, look me up, let's plan on a good day on the River, in the Creeks, or out in the Ocean doing some off shore fishing then follow it up next day on the Track.  I got the cooking covered, hell if we catch some fish we'll grill em at the track!

Aaron

:D  For sure!

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2024, 12:44:10 PM »

Sweating my ass off in leathers, oh don't remind me.  I got my new leathers for the track too, they are the airbag leathers, and holy shit are these things TIGHT!  They told me, oh they'll wear in and fit better, which I am sure they are but I need help getting in and out of them I can not get my arm out of them without help.  THinking of bolting a big clamp on the side of the trailer to grab the sleeve maybe to help me pull them off.  (This is also another incentive for me to lose weight too, I do need to dump about 12 or so pounds.. AGAIN :angry:

Same here  ::)
As I do more road riding I choose a mtm two-piece which is more comfortable to enter. But if you're sweaty it gets difficult even if you have functional underwear (which I nevertheless strongly recommend). Having the suit for nearly a year or so I can confirm that it settles somewhat but much more due to the leather getting less stiff than being strechted. When I was at the track I saw more than one guy struggling  ;D
If you really loose 12 pounds, the suit will not fit as well as before. Keep that in mind  ;)

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2024, 06:59:05 PM »

FWIW, I wear my full leathers for street and track, and I size them big so they are easy to get on and off and they are comfortable.

The reason to wear them skin tight is arguably to keep the armor in place, but I have found (through crashing) that the armor stays put even if you size up.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2024, 08:21:04 PM »

I have 2 piece leathers for the road and the one piece for the track.  two piece is easier to get on and off, and I also have riding pants that have the kevlar, knee armor and crap in it too for when it's really hot out.  Another reason is, the street leathers have the street algo on the airbag system, and track has the track algo,  so far Dainese has not made a combo suit that lets you pick which algo to run, which really sucks.

I probably should tell Dainese, make these a bit bigger, this is just too tight, but t hey assure me it's the way it's supposed to be,  whatever.  I think a little loose is not a problem, less chafing, etc even with the magical biker undies on (mormons eat your heart out :D :D )  Not to mention, god forbid you do end up in an ambulance, how do they get you out of those super tight leathers?  Im assuming they cut them off you,where if it's a bit slack, they may try to undress you normally and not ruin them, anymore then the wreck probably did.

Aaron

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2024, 12:30:49 PM »

After an accident, if you cannot move on your own, they will cut you out of your suit. They have special scissors for that.
There are insurance companies which expressly include personal safety gear, so look into the fine print of your policy.

In my view a tight suit acts a bit like an exoskeleton, hindering your limbs from flailing around too much and protecting your joints from being overextended.
During a rider training my instructor said, if you can grab your suit in height of the sternum with one hand and you can pull it away more than one or two centimeters, it is too large.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2024, 06:53:54 PM »

The suit has a liner in it as well that is removable to wash and air out.  Can you wear it without that liner or do you really need to have the liner in.  IM thinkig like summer months that thing is going to be a monster for heat retention.  Another reason my trailer is going to be air conditioned with an extremely capable unit.  I'll have the power to run it :D

I was going to go to the track today but it's frost on the ground now and yes it is supposed to heat up, but I don't need to take my brand ass new bike and dump the thing. on the first lap because the tires are cold, im cold and it's slick as owl shit.  After some thought I think I am going to get some modified / track / road tires on it so there's some tread and not the slicks it came with for the cooler months as well.  This way I am not always on that edge traction wise.  I'll save the slicks for the warmer months, also after I got some laps under my belt and ain't such a noob to the track.

Aaron

aaron

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2024, 10:31:47 PM »

@Specter , Stefano Mesa , the Energica Moto America wizard and YCRS instructor would be an ideal fellow to ring up for some private instruction on the track with your new weapon.

https://fb.watch/pLETQM7ojE/

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2024, 01:29:48 AM »

that's what I was thinking too pard,  possibly reattenting the one in september i so carolina but I want to get some track experience first so i got the basics out of the way and can concentrate on the important stuff, not the basic shit i am supposed to already know... if that makes sense.

last time I went there I had an absolute blast but the bike I had, shifting was acting up bad for me, plus my big fat frankenstein boot did not want to fit under the shifter very well and it was giving me issues and messed me up a bit.  I want to be past that stage and where most the stuff is working great and im at the 'improvement' stage more than the 'just now learning how to' stage.. 

I am getting the racks put on my trailer that I will haul the bikes around in, there is a fucking month back order on my inverters so I may not have full capabilities yet BUT,  Jennings will let me pull a 50 amp circuit so i can bring my fast charger and program it to only pull on one card up to 10 KW or so so I dont pop it.    slowly it's getting there but I am hoping BY may or june, Ill have my trailer all built out with the full power setup for basically what is going to be 100 + amp service in a trailer with 40 to 60 KW depending on if I decide to supercap it or not, of storage.  Its big enough for a blow up mattress too, so it can double as a place to sleep at night too with the AC in the thing.  That'll save 100 bucks a night at hotels and pay for itself very quickly.

As a side benefit, which I don' need at home but, after a hurricane, I can literally park the trailer in your backyard, run a cord to your power panel and you got power.  It'll have 3600 - 4000 watts of panels on it so in theory should grab about a good 20 kw or more a day on a good day.  that'll run a house easily if you are a bit conservative on your consumption.  It has an AWG for 10 gallons of water a day and a small hot water heater which I will use the waste heat from the AC to make hot water with.

I sell coffee online, mostly green to people who roast their own coffee and drink it but I do also sell roasted coffee as well.  I was thinking of bringing the roaster with me and i can roast batches of fresh coffee between track runs and sell it at the track, to help offset the costs of my toys.

Race Day Roasters ....  has a nice ring to it.

Aaron

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2024, 03:29:57 AM »

Sounds like an awesome setup!

"Race Day Roasters"  excellent!

PWM

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2024, 11:20:57 AM »

Be careful...the Ego at slow speeds can be a handful compared to an Eva...

BMW eK75 Conversion (Retired)
Energica EVA Ribelle (Black Frame Matters)

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2024, 06:29:09 AM »

PWM, he was walking it and had the front end turned and probably tapped the brake, that's a recipe for disaster there for BOTH bikes, not just the EGO.  Ive done the exact thing in my garage in my early days of learning the thing.  The only saving grace was it pinned against a table so I was able to get enough leverage to get my leg out from it and off it.  However yes, once it's on you, you are not getting out from under it without help, that bitch is HEAVY, especially when it's horizontal and there really aren't any real good grab points to try to maneuver it around from your angle on the southside of the bike :D

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2024, 06:52:26 PM »

PWM, he was walking it and had the front end turned and probably tapped the brake, that's a recipe for disaster there for BOTH bikes, not just the EGO.  Ive done the exact thing in my garage in my early days of learning the thing.  The only saving grace was it pinned against a table so I was able to get enough leverage to get my leg out from it and off it.  However yes, once it's on you, you are not getting out from under it without help, that bitch is HEAVY, especially when it's horizontal and there really aren't any real good grab points to try to maneuver it around from your angle on the southside of the bike :D

So true. 

I like to encourage newer riders to understand that a motorcycle is not a bicycle.

Treat it like a loaded gun, improper handling WILL BE catastrophic.

When pushing it or riding it slowly, any lean angle will cause a disaster. 

Most of us learned this lesson the hard way at some point!

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2024, 08:12:51 AM »

I don't think I got much more than 3 or 4 degrees and over it went.  The real shitty thing was, you FELT it starting to go, heaved on it, and just took a slow ride down to about 20 degrees then whump down ya'all went.  It felt like for a second I was going to save it, but then you feel your muscles strain and your foot creak and it's like,  F%%k, nope, not today  :D :D

Just glad I didn't have my airbag on, THAT would be not only embarrassing but expensive too!

Riding it slowly is not so much a disaster, you have the balance down from your riding experience, pushing it now, it's hard to judge any lean on it until it's pulling, and it ALWAYS seems it wants to pull away from you so you don't have much fight to reach over and stop it.  If it start falling towards you, you could always hunker down and hold/push it back in place, but reaching to pull it, yah good luck with that!

Aaron

flynnstig82r

• Just another lanesplitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2024, 10:03:56 PM »

I had that happen on my Multistrada coming off the centerstand while sitting in the saddle. There was a slight slope to the garage floor that I hadn't really noticed before so I didn't realize that I needed to put more weight on my left to correct the height difference and slooooowly down she went! Luckily the bike had barkbusters and sliders so a slight scuff on the side case and bruised ego were the only casualties.
2007 Yamaha FJR1300 AE

Past bikes:
2020 Energica SS9 13.4 kWh
2017 Zero SR 13.0 kWh
2011 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Touring
2016 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800
2012 Yamaha FZ6R
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7