• May 08, 2024, 09:08:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: FW Version 44  (Read 567 times)

MVetter

• View Profile
Re: FW Version 44
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2024, 10:00:39 PM »

So it looks like our Energicas will never be able to use the Tesla Superchargers, other than the few totally useless locations where they have Magic Dock.

I don't see any reason to jump to any such conclusions.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2024, 06:46:41 AM »

I don't see any reason to jump to any such conclusions.
I hope you're correct, but even if it does happen, it looks like it will not be any time soon.

The number of DCFCs in Nevada keep on getting less and less. Been out of service for years in the most important locations.  I could get to MANY more places three years ago than today when there were many working CCS chargers that have been broken now for years.  Hawthone, NV/ Fallon, NV/Incline Village, NV / Middlegate, NV,/ Rhy Patch, NV and many others have been broken for around two years or more.

And then add all the Harley shops that no longer have charging and countless more.

Yeah, we have more chargers today, everywhere except for where needed the most. They just group them together in places such as Sacramento.

Many chargers in this area where I am now. I don't need any of those. Too close to home to be useful.

Tesla has the only decent fast charging out there, IMAO, and best maintained. But they have to get rid of all their V2s and get them upgraded. I hear those will never be CCS compatible.

And what happened to all of Biden's chargers?  We are in reverse when it comes to charging EVs, IMAO.

-Don-  Auburn, CA

1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2024, 01:41:43 PM »

Because the world revolved around  your riding route.

Why don't you petition Elon directly since it's HIS chargers, and He would be the one footing the bill.  Tell him your routes and tell him to put chargers in at YOUR convenience!!

Chargers are expensive, but there are funds for them,  repairing them, I have a strong feeling there are NOT any grant monies laying around, which is why you see them staying broken, because the owners quickly seen the dream was just corporeal corporate bullshit to sell them a charger, because it would being in TONS of customers!!!  (all wanting free this and that Im thinking given the locations)

Have you ever considered opening up your personal  at home charger for public use?  People can come by, say hi, share a cup of coffee and charge at your place?

I am actually seriously considering this with the plugshare app, but I don't want to post any hours since i can't guarantee ill be home, but figure it'd be a great way to find any e bike riders out this way.  maybe even talk a tesla owner or two into buying one so I do have a partner to ride with them on the e bike.  Gas riders partners are fun but their ice bikes are just sooo sluggish you have to wait for them every time !! :)

Aaron
Pages: 1 [2]