• May 08, 2024, 06:58:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: SS9 seat cover to prevent wet ass  (Read 188 times)

domingo3

• View Profile
SS9 seat cover to prevent wet ass
« on: April 25, 2024, 06:17:53 PM »

Any recommendations?  The heavy rains in California combined with the seat stitching and and frequent use and parking outside has led to the foam getting saturated and giving me a wet butt whether it's raining or not.  I'm looking for something specific to the seat - not a full motorcycle cover and not a custom seat.  Something better than the Bink seat cover by DS Covers because it looks only a little better than wrapping a trash bag around the seat.
2016 Zero FXS 2018 Zero FXS 2016 SR

Motoproponent

• View Profile
Re: SS9 seat cover to prevent wet ass
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2024, 10:23:28 PM »

I get bombarded with ads for Wind Rider seat covers. But of course there isn't an Energica in the drop down to select the application.

But there is a "can't find your bike?" option. SO maybe it won't be a million dollars to get one made and then there will be a pattern for other SS9 owners.

I reached out regarding my Experia. I'll post back what happens.
"Life is a deathbound train"

2024 Energica Experia
@motoproponent on Youtube

domingo3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2024, 06:18:37 AM »

I just submitted the measurements to Wind Rider for the SS9. Fingers crossed they have something for another bike that will fit it. I've seen that Goldwing riders are still waiting for them to make a seat cover that fits, so I'm not very hopeful that they'll make custom sizes specifically for Energicas any time soon.

domingo3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2024, 07:06:10 PM »

They wrote me back and said they have something with about the same measurements.  They'll invoice me (so not through the website) and I can buy it.  If I have any issues with the fitment, they'll take it back and give me a full refund.

I just submitted the measurements to Wind Rider for the SS9. Fingers crossed they have something for another bike that will fit it. I've seen that Goldwing riders are still waiting for them to make a seat cover that fits, so I'm not very hopeful that they'll make custom sizes specifically for Energicas any time soon.

TomGo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2024, 02:26:21 AM »

Did they tell you on what model your custom cover was based ? I have the same wet issue on my SS9 when I can't park it in the sun after a long downpour and I'd be curious to know how well the cover worked for you.
Pages: [1]